PDA

View Full Version : Disney Divas Xmas 2013 - Day 1

chechas
12-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Cast: Me (momma), DD (18)
Where: Wilderness Lodge
When: Dec 17-23, 2013

We left later than planned and ended up hitter more traffic than expected...best laid plans right? We finally pulled up to the front of Wilderness Lodge to drop our bags and tree(small xmas tree and décor) with bell services then I went and parked the car. It was as we were standing in line waiting for next available cast member to check us in that I reached into my wallet to pull out my credit card of choice (through a series of incidents I had ended up with a significant negative balance on the card and so planned on using this card to cover balance on room and resort charges) that I realized that durn thing had expired the end of last month!! Immediately my mind flashed to the morning when I had picked up the envelop containing my new card but thinking for some reason it was my replacement work credit card, I had put it in my safe as I figured I did not need it! Wrong! I knew in that moment that it was my replacement card for this card!!

I panicked and then figured ok I will just use my other card, so I pull that out and wham! It also expired the end of November! Now it is has been a very hectic month for me at work and home but for me to forget to activate 2 credit cards is just not like me! SO left with no choice but to tag my debit card, I did that to cover the balance etc. But it ate at me all day, so I was not able to be duly impressed with the majestic lobby or the friendly faces etc.

I had reserved a woods view room off the lobby as that is what my travel agent said we had the last time and we loved it. While checking in I asked if they had been able to assign us a room off the lobby as requested. I was told no since I had a woods view and only standard view rooms overlooked the lobby. Thought that was bizarre as my agent is VERY knowledgeable but ok. I asked if we could change to a room that overlooked the lobby and the cast member was very willing to make a call and said we might get a refund if we ended up going down to a standard view room. Well instead we ended up with a free upgrade to a Courtyard view room! It was just slightly off lobby as in you did not look directly down into lobby when you stepped out the door but we have to go 2 doors down to look over into the lobby...BUT we do have a front row seat from our balcony for the geyser and the nightly water pageant! Sweet!!

We checked out the room then headed to downtown Disney to grab a bite and look around. I was all set for a Holiday Turkey sandwich at the Earl of Sandwich but it was PACKED!! So instead we tried Wolfgang Puck Express. El kiddo had the chicken alfredo and I had the chicken aioli sandwich. At over $30 for pasta, a sandwich and 2 fountain drinks, I thought it was pricey for lunch. But it is Disney. The food was good but nothing I would rave about. The pasta needed more sauce and the sandwich needed a kick of something, just tasted generic. We walked around a bit then went back to hotel to put up our tree and decorate. We also stopped by Roaring Forks to try out a couple seasonal cupcakes : Chocolate chip Peppermint and Spiced Apple Caramel. Both were good but a bit too sweet. But we enjoyed them anyways. lol

I could not keep the credit card thing out of my mind as using my debit card messed up my plans. So I decided to wait til later at night and head back home to grab my card and switch it out at the hotel(I had already checked with the front desk to verify that they would do that). Took us just over 3 hours round trip but I was able to breath easier being back on track and using my credit on that card to pay for most of the room.

Tomorrow: Magic Kingdom, Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian and a trip to Winn Dixie

yjgirl32
12-19-2013, 10:12 PM
That would eat at me too. Great report so far. Love reading your reports. Thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the report, I think I'd done the same thing with the cards:blush:

faline
12-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Sorry for the detour that ate up so much time but At least you got your credit card squared away! Congrats on the room upgrade!

emerzmom
12-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Your room sounds wonderful! WL is on my "Must Stay" list. Sorry about your credit card issue. Looking forward to reading more about your trip.
:tink:
Julie