PDA

View Full Version : Dopey Challenge Info

disneygoofball
12-19-2013, 02:05 PM
According to the official program (pg. 38), you have to visit the Dopey Challenge tent after EACH race in order to be able to collect the Dopey medal at the end. I thought you only had to visit that tent after the marathon and would have missed that info if I hadn't been a super excited dork that felt like reading the entire program just for fun. :blush: So I thought I'd post just so no one else missed it either. :mickey:

cer
12-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Didn't it say, too that you have to get a wristband after each completed run?

Also, did you catch that you have to wear the correct bib on the days? Green for 5k & 10 then Gray for half and full.... Or something like that?

disneygoofball
12-19-2013, 02:31 PM
You do have to get a new wristband after each race, and bring the correct bib with you. I'm assuming it's the big you're already wearing for the race you just completed, but I'm going to be asking at check-in just to be sure. I darn well want to get that medal!!

Melanie
12-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Oh my. Thanks for mentioning this. I'll let my hubby know. At Disneyland, he just wore the Dumbo wristband all weekend. I guess that could get kinda gross or whatever over 4 days. lol

cer
12-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Oh my. Thanks for mentioning this. I'll let my hubby know. At Disneyland, he just wore the Dumbo wristband all weekend. I guess that could get kinda gross or whatever over 4 days. lol

you might have to continue to wear them as you earn them, so you may end up wearing multiple bands by the end...

Melanie
12-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Wow. I would think that wouldn't be popular.

disneygoofball
12-19-2013, 04:45 PM
you might have to continue to wear them as you earn them, so you may end up wearing multiple bands by the end...

I don't think that will be the case. It states that you have to have only the previous race's wristband plus your bib to get the new wristband. Then, you need the half marathon wristband (plus bib) to get the dopey medal. So you should only have to wear it for a day. I hope!

cer
12-20-2013, 08:44 AM
I don't think that will be the case. It states that you have to have only the previous race's wristband plus your bib to get the new wristband. Then, you need the half marathon wristband (plus bib) to get the dopey medal. So you should only have to wear it for a day. I hope!

I think y'all are right. Show the previous wristband and bib to get the next.

Melanie
12-20-2013, 08:56 AM
My hubby was just telling me that Dopey and Goofy folks get some kind of drawstring bag this year? I need to go read the guide! :D