PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom testing going well so far

mickclub1955
12-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Boots on the ground are reporting that the testing for AK is going well. There doesn't seem to be many problems. Guests are receiving the FP+ testing info when they go through the parking booths that include boxes to check for your selections. This is to help guests make their decisions before they get to the kiosks. I will say that there is not a big crowd today. As the week goes on it may get bad but now things are going smoothly.

cer
12-18-2013, 10:27 AM
good to hear.

Dulcee
12-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Good to hear! Hope things continue along well

badkitty
12-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Excellent news! I like the idea to have the selections made BEFORE approaching the kiosk. :thumbsup:

AndrewJackson
12-18-2013, 02:02 PM
I've been watching the hourly update on another discussion board. Amazingly, all good news. Crowds are a 4-5 out of 10, plenty of FP+ available with good time slots, standby at 2:00PM at 25 min for both EE and Safari.

I am pleasantly surprised.

cer
12-18-2013, 02:06 PM
I've been watching the hourly update on another discussion board. Amazingly, all good news. Crowds are a 4-5 out of 10, plenty of FP+ available with good time slots, standby at 2:00PM at 25 min for both EE and Safari.

I am pleasantly surprised.

This is encouraging. I have been very concerned about elevated standby lines.

DizneyFreak2002
12-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Light crowds.... just average... This is the first day... We cannot call something a success on the first day of testing, especially with crowds not being so big... Let's wait to see what happens next week when the real Christmas rush is in full force... Hopefully they use the slower time this week to catch the glitches and bugs and work them out before the real crowds descend... Today means nothing in the greater scope.. Just putting things in perspective here...

yankeesfan123
12-19-2013, 06:53 PM
No offense DizneyFreak, but you are the one not giving this a chance.

I don't like it either, but I'm trying to reserve judgment until things are rolled out. You find it necessary to hijack every single thread about My Magic Plus and turn even a positive thread negative.

You can be as informed as you want, read all the boards and all the fine print, but until it's rolled out and given a chance, you have no idea how it will work.

Why is it so bad that people are excited that this phase of the test is, so far, going very well? It's eliminated double-dipping and there are same day FP available for day guests and off-site guests. Therefore, so far, good news.

Please stop turning every single topic into a Disney/MM+ bashfest. We get it. You don't like it and you're not happy. Don't be a buzzkill.

Dulcee
12-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Light crowds.... just average... This is the first day... We cannot call something a success on the first day of testing, especially with crowds not being so big... Let's wait to see what happens next week when the real Christmas rush is in full force... Hopefully they use the slower time this week to catch the glitches and bugs and work them out before the real crowds descend... Today means nothing in the greater scope.. Just putting things in perspective here...

If it had bombed on day one I imagine that one or two days of results would have mattered a great deal to you...

NJGIRL
12-20-2013, 06:25 PM
This is a warning to keep this thread friendly. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but let's not attack each other personally.

yjgirl32
12-20-2013, 07:26 PM
Sorry but I agree with yankees. I too am glad the first day went well. No need to be so negative all the time.

Tekneek
12-21-2013, 06:00 AM
Based on my own experience, Animal Kingdom seemed like the best park to start with. The FP+ concept works best there, given the smaller amount of attractions that truly require FP at all.

Glad that reports are positive, because those guests didn't pay full price to be beta testers.

AndrewJackson
12-22-2013, 09:15 AM

I don't think anyone was declaring it a success. Most folks on these boards realize that this was a light to moderate crowd day.

However, I would disagree that the successful test means nothing. The fact that they were able to test to system for off property guests, and they were about to get FP+ is significant, considering the major glitches that have been occurring.