PDA

View Full Version : I still don't have FP+

Pepefan
12-17-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm really confused. Our reservation is for January 20, I have the app, was able to order magic bands months ago, but the app still says I won't be getting FP+ on my trip. Am I doing something wrong?

WDWdriver
12-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Are you staying at a Disney resort? If so, you should call Disney for assistance.

Ian
12-17-2013, 04:05 PM
I'm really confused. Our reservation is for January 20, I have the app, was able to order magic bands months ago, but the app still says I won't be getting FP+ on my trip. Am I doing something wrong?It's not that you're doing something wrong, it's that there are no clear directions from Disney on how exactly to go about getting FP+. I just went through this myself and it was beyond frustrating.

Do you have your park passes yet? You have to first link your park passes to the profiles for all of the people in your traveling party and then you can pick your FP+.

Pepefan
12-17-2013, 04:15 PM
We have purchased the park tickets, but I haven't received the magic bands yet. I think I linked them all to my reservation...I followed the directions on the app, anyway, so who knows?

We are staying on property. So it sounds like I need to call them. I'm starting to get a little worried, if the old system is gone by then, but the new one isn't available to me, I'm in big trouble! I'm going by myself, single mom with a 6 year old and a yearling, so I'm going to need every tool I can to make this all work out!

Ian
12-17-2013, 04:17 PM
You also have to assign each pass to a person ... did you do that?

gerald72
12-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Wow. How many people cancel their trips or never book at all because of this extra work and confusion?

Buttercup
12-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Wow. How many people cancel their trips or never book at all because of this extra work and confusion?
EXACTLY!
And we are all "seasoned veterans" of the parks. I can not imagine being a total newbie and being forced to try and figure all of this out.

badkitty
12-18-2013, 12:53 AM
EXACTLY!
And we are all "seasoned veterans" of the parks. I can not imagine being a total newbie and being forced to try and figure all of this out.

I know, right? My dad won't be able to figure this out nor will he have the patience. I barely have the patience. I finally was able to get my AP linked after many phone calls. I had a trip in November unlinked and I had to use the kiosk in the park. It took so long waiting for the family in front of me to figure the system out and this was with a CM's help. I can't imagine what it will be like when the original FP is gone. So now my AP is link and I've been staring at the FP+ page trying to figure out where I want to be and at what time on January 9th, 10th and 11th. Heck, I don't even know what I'll feel like doing then. I have anxiety now like I have at work. No thanks!

Pepefan
12-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Oh, this is not a good omen! It looks like I have tickets assigned to each person and we are "linked" together.

So, I guess a phone call, then...which can't be done during the day because I work full time plus overtime to pay for this trip! I have been going to Disneyland or WDW almost every year of my life and I read all the websites and listen to all the podcasts (Ian, I'm a huge fan!) and if I can't figure this out, the average visitor will be miserable and most probably won't return.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to call Disney soon so we can actually get on one or two of the e-ticket rides!:confused:

gerald72
12-18-2013, 06:42 AM
First time visitors, older people, people who do no research and generally untecnologically advanced people will be totally overwhelmed.
Even most of us 'veterans' seem to dislike it.

Ian
12-18-2013, 11:43 AM
I build apps for a living. I've worked in technology roles for over a decade. I'm about as tech savvy (at least from a usability standpoint) as you get. I'm also (obviously) a lifelong Disney parks-goer. You'd think this would be easy as falling off a log for me, but it wasn't. It took literally hours of planning, frustration, and trial and error to get it set up.

I'm sorry, but vacations should not be this hard. The average guest must be completely overwhelmed. What's even more shocking is how lacking the direction and/or information from Disney is. We got literally nothing that provided us with any directions on how to go about getting all this set up.

Aurora
12-18-2013, 04:08 PM
I build apps for a living. I've worked in technology roles for over a decade. I'm about as tech savvy (at least from a usability standpoint) as you get. I'm also (obviously) a lifelong Disney parks-goer. You'd think this would be easy as falling off a log for me, but it wasn't. It took literally hours of planning, frustration, and trial and error to get it set up.

I'm sorry, but vacations should not be this hard. The average guest must be completely overwhelmed. What's even more shocking is how lacking the direction and/or information from Disney is. We got literally nothing that provided us with any directions on how to go about getting all this set up.

My brother, a computer engineer, is going next month with his wife, their four kids and my parents. (First trip ever for his youngest two.) He asked me for my help in figuring out all the My Disney Experience stuff. Even though I've read through everything over the last several months, it was my first time using it. It's been interesting.

We had one glitch so far that I needed to call Disney about -- my father and brother have the same first and last name, and they're both on the Disney resort reservation. But when we linked the reservation to My Disney Experience, only one name came up. I couldn't fix the problem online, so I called.

It took me 20 minutes on hold and then another 20 minutes just for the CM to add a middle initial to each person's name on the reservation. No joke -- 40 minutes to add two middle initials. After the initials were added to the reservation, both names automatically came up in My Disney Experience.

My parents, in their 70s, do not own smartphones or tablets. They're intelligent, but there's no way they would be able to figure all this out themselves. If I weren't helping out, they would not get FPs at all on this trip.

I felt bad telling my brother about the FastPass changes and that they would need to plan their park days around their FP attractions. As you know, Ian, with four little kids under age 10, you need the ability to be flexible.

Hopefully they won't need to use FP much since it's a January trip, but these days you can never guess crowd levels. I fear this may be their last trip in a long time.

I'm really confused. Our reservation is for January 20, I have the app, was able to order magic bands months ago, but the app still says I won't be getting FP+ on my trip. Am I doing something wrong?

A phone call is probably the best way to go. I hope it all works out for you!

Pepefan
12-21-2013, 05:17 PM
So, I finally got a chance when no kids were around to call Disney.

First calk: they were able to make FP+ reservations for me from their computer, so they couldn't figure out why I couldn't. Their suggestion was to try from a PC (which I don't have at home) and if that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the android app. Reinstall didn't work. So I drove to work and tried on a PC. Still didn't work.

Second try: this guy saw right away when he pulled up my account that there were two separate accounts for me. One had my resort and ticket reservations, the other had just my tickets. So when I was logging in it was treating me as the second me, the one with no resort reservation. That's why it kept saying I was ineligible. UGGGH!! So he deleted the second me, but I still had to uninstall and reinstall the app. But, finally, it works!!!!!

Okay. Not frustrated at all! So here's the next problem...it won't let me get FP+ for my 1 year old because she doesn't have valid park admission. From what I understand, she has to have FP+ for everything even just to stand in line with me. So how do I do that?

And thanks for your help and understanding, folks. I would never say I won't ever go back to WDW, but unless they come to their senses, I'll be heading to the West Coast for my Disney vacations, if at all!

tundramom
12-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Okay. Not frustrated at all! So here's the next problem...it won't let me get FP+ for my 1 year old because she doesn't have valid park admission. From what I understand, she has to have FP+ for everything even just to stand in line with me. So how do I do that?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that she would ever have had a FP at that age. With previous FP you had to have park ticket of some type to feed into FP kiosk and small children (up to age 2)aren't issued any type ticket. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong. But, I don't recall ever getting DD FP at that age.

mickclub1955
12-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Since no one under 3 has park admission, I wouldn't think she would need a fp ressie. Since that is what is required for FP. As long as the child under 3 is with the parents they should be okay.

Ian
12-24-2013, 11:18 AM
So here's the next problem...it won't let me get FP+ for my 1 year old because she doesn't have valid park admission. From what I understand, she has to have FP+ for everything even just to stand in line with me. So how do I do that?I can confirm 100% because I just did it that children under 3 who do not require admission tickets do not need FP's.

So you're okay there. :thumbsup: