PDA

View Full Version : Monorail closing for non-peak times for maintenance

mickclub1955
12-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Just saw that starting Jan 21st the both loops of the MK monorail is being closed from 11am to 7pm for much needed maintenance until the end of March. The Epcot loop is not affected. More buses and watercraft will be used to ferry people to and from the MK. I am treating this as a rumor until someone with more connections can verify this news.

Ian
12-17-2013, 04:18 PM
So can I ask a stupid question ... why would they not do this work OVERNIGHT when the guests are sleeping and no one's vacation will be impacted?? Why the heck would they take the thing down during the day when everyone (including people who paid BIG BUCKS to stay at a monorail resort) are trying to get around??

Sheesh man I'm telling you ... this has to be the worst run organization out there. It really is incredible how bad they've gotten.

mickclub1955
12-17-2013, 04:28 PM
So can I ask a stupid question ... why would they not do this work OVERNIGHT when the guests are sleeping and no one's vacation will be impacted?? Why the heck would they take the thing down during the day when everyone (including people who paid BIG BUCKS to stay at a monorail resort) are trying to get around??

Sheesh man I'm telling you ... this has to be the worst run organization out there. It really is incredible how bad they've gotten.

This is why I am treating this as a rumor until someone can come along and verify it, because it sounded kind of a not too good a thing to do when Disney for the most part (or has in the past) done all of their maintenance at night.

JerseyDad
12-17-2013, 04:48 PM

....perhaps the area of the monorail that needs work is too close to the resort rooms and noise generated during whatever maintenance may annoy guests?

.....or night work may be hazardous and or the repair / construction, if done at night, would be more costly?

Dulcee
12-17-2013, 06:22 PM

I'd imagine there are some very good reasons (noise, safety) to do the work during the day. I know I'd be far more annoyed if I had a spot light shining in my $450 a night room at the GF then not having the monorail for my afternoon nap.

big blue and hairy
12-17-2013, 06:52 PM

Have you considered the possibility that they are doing both 11a-7p and overnight?

:sulley:

Pirate Granny
12-17-2013, 07:54 PM
From another Disney site|
Starting January 21, 2014, service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express monorails will be unavailable on weekdays between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. to allow for planned maintenance. This schedule will run through the end of March 2014. During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available. The Epcot monorail beam will operate normally.

Ian
12-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Have you considered the possibility that they are doing both 11a-7p and overnight?

:sulley:I have now :blush: