PDA

View Full Version : POR - Best location

FenwayGirl
12-16-2013, 07:00 PM
We are booked at POR for the first time in May. Any suggestions for buildings etc. Dont want to pay teh Preferred rate..

Kairi_7378
12-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Not sure if it is a preferred location but we had a good stay in building 27. Very close to main building and bus stop.

larjani
12-19-2013, 04:38 AM
OUr stay was awesome. We were a little walk to the main house, but right by the bus stop. The walk to the Restaurant wasn't bad though. The grounds are beautiful. I wouldn't pay the preferred rate since we liked walking around.

BigRedDad
12-19-2013, 05:36 AM
We were in a Priness room in Building 95. We were given a room facing the bridge to the Main building. It was a 3 minute walk to the buses and restaurants. Excellent location, but expensive.

Some advice on buses. If the park does not have a shared bus for POR and POFQ, hop on the bus to POFQ because it could be 45 minute wait for a POR bus (3x while at MK on our last trip). On our final time at MK, we hopped on the POFQ bus. Talking to a family there about our experience waiting. We got to POFQ, walked to our room, unloaded, got a drink at the restaurant, and ran into the family just getting off the bus at POR. The buses on this last trip convinced me to drive and if I am driving, save money on rooms as well.

AndrewJackson
12-23-2013, 09:23 PM
We try and get building 14 when we are there. It is closest to the main building and bus stop. It is also very close to the feature pool.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-26-2013, 12:34 PM
I didn't realize how close the Mansion buildings really are. A quick walk across the bridge, and you're right at the heart of the resort.

We've only stayed in Bayou Building #18, which I think is preferred now, but it was also perfect, so quiet but still so close.

Lindsey310
12-26-2013, 07:13 PM
We like buildings 80 or 85. Close to the main area of the resort but still considered standard view. :thumbsup:

44 days!!!! :cloud9:

FenwayGirl
01-03-2014, 12:02 PM
I am thinking that I want to stay in the Mansions..we do not have preferred status. Any idea on what building I can ask for?

andmomlau
01-03-2014, 09:12 PM
We love the mansion bldgs and we never get preferred...

Disnini
01-04-2014, 10:11 AM
We like staying in the Mansions building # 85. Standard rooms that are close to a quiet pool and a bus stop and a short walk to the main pool and the main buildings.

CaptSmee
01-04-2014, 07:28 PM
I dont remember which building we were in but it was near nothing but a bus stop . the resort is huge & we never stayed there again afterwards. longggg walks to get anywhere

Gator
01-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Some advice on buses. If the park does not have a shared bus for POR and POFQ, hop on the bus to POFQ because it could be 45 minute wait for a POR bus (3x while at MK on our last trip). On our final time at MK, we hopped on the POFQ bus. Talking to a family there about our experience waiting. We got to POFQ, walked to our room, unloaded, got a drink at the restaurant, and ran into the family just getting off the bus at POR. The buses on this last trip convinced me to drive and if I am driving, save money on rooms as well.

Thanks for the tip.I remember the buses being slooowww when we honeymooned there in 2002. Especially to and from the MK. Sounds like things haven't changed. I just hope it hasn't descended into AllStar levels.

I really wish they would allow 5 at Coronado Springs.