PDA

View Full Version : Our Christmas Surprise - Day 3B

IloveJack
12-16-2013, 11:22 AM
It turns out our Nemo FPs were a waste. There was no special section, no early entry, just a shorter line to walk through. Oh well, you live, you learn. I love this show, and was happy to see all of it. The last time we'd tried to watch it, ODD was two, and the jellies scared her, so I missed the last 10 mins or so by taking her outside.
DH just couldn't let the day end without another spin on Everest, so he headed there, while I walked (as fast as I could on my very sore feet) to Camp Minnie-Mickey. We got to see Donald Duck and Chip and Dale in their holiday attire, but they closed the line to the Jungle Book friends, right as we walked up. I was slightly dissapointed, but was actually surprised that we'd gotten to see anyone, as we'd left Nemo at 10 minutes till closing.
In those 10 minutes, DH was able to ride Everest 7-8 times. In fact, once the CM at the exit realized he was getting off and right back on, he told him to just stay on, and he rode until the last ride of the night. On that ride, a lady sat down beside him, which he found amusing, considering there were only 5 other people on the train, but she said she wanted to ride in the back, where he was. When the train stopped at the broken tracks, he asked if she'd ever ridden before, and if she knew that it went backwards. To which, she clamped her hands on the sides and screamed her head off. He said it was an amusing final ride.
While waiting for him to find us, I called Mom back and tried to walk her through purchasing the MVMCP tickets. However, just before final purchase, there was a statement that said if the tickets were left at will-call, we'd have to present the credit card they were purchased with. The only other option was to mail them to us. Yeah, that wouldn't work either. I told her I'd call her back and headed toward guest services.
We met up with DH in front of the Tree of Life, and got a nighttime picture there, as we'd done in each park so far. Then I explained the ticket situation to him, and we headed to the front of the park. I talked to the CM and she said all we'd need was a photo ID and the confirmation number, so I called Mom back and she bought the tickets. While waiting for her to do that, I looked down at my feet (no, I actually hadn't taken time to really look at them yet). On my right foot, the one that hurt the most, I had a huge knot swelled on the top inside of it. I became a little worried that I had a stress fracture, but decided there wasn't a lot I could do about it, other than to elevate it, and see. So what did we do? Made plans to commando-style our way on to Downtown Disney! (Not much gets in our way of Disney while at Disney...)
We finally were able to get our tickets, and we left the park. We'd wanted a picture in front of the big Christmas tree, but the PP photog was walking away just as we got there. We saw a couple of Asian girls walking up and asked them to take our picture. They spoke very little English, but we got the point across, and they were very happy to oblige. Then we walked the wrong way to the bus, on my sore feet, and had to double back, on my sore feet, to catch the bus to WL.
I really wanted to see the decorations at all the resorts, and had planned to do so tonight. However, park hours were extended, and with the ticket issue, it was now nearing 7:30. We decided to see WL and then hop the monorail to see the GF. I wish we could've seen more, but this will work for now. If we'd done all the resorts, we'd have had no time for DTD, which DH really wanted to see.
Wow! After vising WL, I may not be able to talk DH into staying elsewhere. He's really into the log cabin, rustic feel, and wants to build us a house like that. It's a good thing we spend so very little time in the room, or he'd want to stay here every trip. I was pleasantly surprised to find PP photogs in the lobbies of both resorts, and we got our pics with both trees.
We headed on to DTD. I'd checked online, and saw that the hours were only till 10pm that night, which meant very little time there. However, DH asked a CM and found out that it was open till 11pm. That meant we'd have time for all we wanted to do, so we headed over to World of Disney first.
We'd bought ODD her ears, but the others had gotten nothing, so far. We'd promised them each one souvenir, and then planned to pick up a couple of "wishes" for Christmas gifts, also. YDD came first. We took her to the plush room and asked what she wanted, and it took her all of 30 seconds to decide on a Minnie Mouse dressed as Tinkerbell. How fitting, her two favorite characters. It was a pretty good sized plush for only $24, so I was all for it. About this time, ODD started the "can I have," but we reminded her of her ears and she was a pretty good sport, for a while. I wanted to buy DS a small Duffy, as ODD has the 17' and YDD has the "My first," however, I learned Duffy himself doesn't come small, unless I wanted a keychain or wristlet.
I turned the corner and saw a big Tigger. DS had loved meeting Tigger earlier this afternoon, so I decided this would do fine. I handed him to DS, and he immediately latched on. Easy enough.
I wandered some more, finally decided on a couple of CDs for the DDs, as I plan to buy them a CD player for Christmas. One is the Sophia songs, and one is the Jake album. Then we got a soft, baby Mickey, with a Santa hat and bib that says "Baby's 1st Christmas." I thought it was an appropriate souvenir from our trip. After all, we went to see the Christmas decorations, and it's DS's first trip. I also got the DDs a charm for their bracelets that our pretend daughter had bought them on our last trip, ears for ODD and Minnie for YDD, to put in their stockings. Speaking of our pretend daughter, she'd asked me to find out the price of a new birthstone Mickey necklace, so she could buy it when she joins the DCP in January. I went ahead and bought it for her, as I hadn't gotten her a birthday present.
DH was looking for a belt, since he'd left his at home, but he wanted a leather one. News to us: You can't buy a leather belt at Disney, unless you buy from the leather cutter in DTD who isn't actually affiliated with Disney. DH decided that if he was going to pay that much for a belt, it'd better have something to do with Disney, so he just kept tugging at his shorts all week.
I felt a little badly that ODD wasn't getting anything, but not badly enough to spend another $25 on her and not the others. We tried to get her to buy something small, but really, there's not much small at WoD. Instead, since she seemed to like pin trading, we went over to the pin hut. She traded one of her pins and one of mine, and we bought her a pink princesses lanyard to put them on. She felt like a big girl with that and was happy, although she couldn't wait to get back to the room where her toys were.
We got sandwiches at Earl of Sandwich to go. DH got the meatball, I got the club, we all got cookies and drinks, and the DDs chose to split some fruit. Total $34. Such a cheap meal for such good food.
The only souvenir that I wanted was an ornament, something we buy every trip. So we went on to Days of Christmas. I stopped a CM and said, "I want an ornament that says "Christmas." He gave me a weird look, and I said, "I mean, I want something to commemorate being here at Christmas time, something with Santa or something like that." He pointed me toward a wall with Santa Mickeys on it, and I found a couple I liked. But then I had also seen the ears ornaments, and one of them was a Santa set of ears.
I couldn't make up my mind, and they were getting ready to close, so I knew I needed to hurry. DH hadn't gotten anything either, yet, so he went to look in the area that is devoted to Nightmare Before Christmas. There he found the Jack Skellington ears ornament, and a sign that said, basically, buy 2 get 1 free. I'd picked up a Baby's 1st Christmas Mickey ornament, but decided to look over the ears ornaments again, just to see about the sale. I found a Baby's 1st Christmas ornament with Dumbo and Christmas colors, so I put the Mickey back and we got the three ears ornaments for $52.
It was at this point that we were told we'd maxed out our credit on our bands. I had a brief panic attack that we'd drained the bank account, before remembering that I'd checked it earlier, and the bands weren't immediately charging to it, only to a credit line. So we paid for the ornaments with our debit card, and planned to stop by the front desk at the resort to sort it out. I had a running total of expenditures in my head, and an idea of what we'd planned to spend, but still was a little worried about the safety of the bands linking to our card.
ODD was literally falling asleep in the stroller, and YDD didn't seem far behind, so we decided to eat on a bench outside DoC instead of in the room, like we'd planned. As is typical of me, I freaked about the money worries, and DH got upset that I was letting it worry me (I'm such a worry-wart and he didn't want me ruining the trip for myself). I shared my sandwich with YDD and DH shared with ODD. We finally boarded the bus at 11:45. All three kids fell asleep on me, and when the bus unloaded, DH had to get off, set up the stroller, then return to help me get them off the bus. We stopped by the front desk, and I suddenly remembered hearing something about the value resorts having a $500 credit limit. Sure enough, we were at $493. Other than the Christmas presents, we were right on track with what I'd expected. I had them charge that amount and set us up a new line of credit. We've never used a credit line before, so I was new to this. It wasn't a problem, just wish I'd have known so I wouldn't have worried.
We finally got in bed around 1am. The alarm was set for 7:10am.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-16-2013, 02:24 PM
You made me smile with the minor charging issue. I am always worried that we're somehow going to "run out" of money at Disney, and I keep adding everything up in my head too!

yjgirl32
12-16-2013, 03:36 PM
I too always worry about money. So much so that every night I got and check on things. We use gift cards that we buy at DS's school to help with tuition. Great report. Thanks for sharing.

Lindsey310
12-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Really loving your trip reports!!! Feels like I'm back in disney!! :thumbsup:

53 days!!!! :cloud9:

faline
12-18-2013, 07:59 PM
You guys just keep on going!! I'm having fun following your family on this holiday trip!

Princess from Tennessee
12-19-2013, 07:30 PM
I love my present!!! (I feel as though I should put 'pretend daughter' as the title of my responses :D)

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Great day, thanks for the report

vizsla
01-04-2014, 05:15 AM
Thanks for the report.