PDA

View Full Version : Our Christmas Surprise - Day 1B

IloveJack
12-16-2013, 11:19 AM
We finished riding Dumbo and headed to Main street to see if we could get haircuts before heading back to the room for a nap. There was still a substantial wait (this is the first time ever that we haven't been able to walk right in), but the parade was about to come through, so we just sat outside and watched while we waited. Not five minutes after it was over, we were called in.
The same CM that did YDD's first haircut did DS's, and she actually remembered us. Isn't that crazy?!? It's been 18 months since she did it, and she still remembered us. DS was born with a full head of hair (no joke, it was over his ears and touching his collar at birth), so we had no intention of waiting til he was older to get his first haircut. She cut well over an inch off the sides and probably two inches off the top, and he looks like a different kid, now.
We also got the DDs hair cut. ODD has long white-blond hair, that we don't ever cut. She's had three haircuts in her life, all at WDW. So we just had about two inches cut off the ends, and the back cut straight across instead of in a V. YDD was a different story. She'd gotten the scissors a couple of months back, and given herself a half-mullet on one side. We'd been using hair ties and barrettes to hide it, but we wanted it evened up. To do that, the CM had to give her a bob, but it's adorable on her tiny body, and we love it.
As soon as we were done, we jumped on the monorail and headed back to the car for a nap. It was nice at that point to have the car, as we were back at the resort much quicker than if we'd taken the bus. I set the alarm for 2 hours later, but again, couldn't sleep for the first hour. During the second hour, DS woke me three times (of course, he'd slept all morning in my wrap). Surprisingly, I still wasn't terribly tired, but was beginning to get irritable.
We used the bus to get back to the MK this time. We got halfway down Main Street and came to a dead stop. I think everyone in the MK was standing in front of the castle, either from the castle lighting or waiting for the fireworks. We just were trying to make our FPs for Splash, as we were already into that time. Finally, a CM parted the waters for us and told us to go through the back way around Casey's. That worked until we came out of Casey's and then it was the same story until we got past the Crystal Palace. What happened to it being the first week of December?!?
DH and ODD left us with the stroller and half-ran to Splash to make the FP time, while YDD, DS, and I watched the fireworks from the walkway by Tom Sawyer. We used a rider switch so I could ride with ODD after that. The entire ride, I found myself watching her, thinking, "when did she grow up?" We rode right up front, and she has an expression of pure joy on her face in the picture. In fact, I almost broke down and bought the attractions part of photo pass right there. Oh well, I'll just have to see it in my mind's eye.
We were hungry again, and wanted to spend most of EMH in Tomorrowland, so we headed to Cosmic Ray's. I wanted a half-chicken, but that bay was closing. I went to get in line and was turned away by the CM. He said I could go to one of the other bays, and I asked if they'd have chicken. He said no, and I guess I looked dissapointed, cause he asked what I wanted. I told him, and he snuck me in line. Then I asked to look at his pins, and he traded with ODD and gave YDD a pin. He was quite nice.
DH and I each got the half-chicken and the girls split a turkey sandwich kid's meal. With three drinks, our total was $34. Hey! Sonny Eclipse does exist! We've eaten here at least five times before, and never seen him. However, he serenaded us the entire meal tonight, and the girls loved watching him.
We rode Buzz next, DH beat us all. Then we rode Astro Orbiters. That ride is awesome at night. Nothing beats that view of the castle. Next, ODD wanted to do Stitch. I was fine with splitting up, as I don't care for it, but DH likes it. So off they went, and I took the two younger ones on the TTA. When we met up, we'd pretty much finished up Tomorrowland (ODD is too short for Space, and I don't like how rough of a ride it is), so we headed across the park. The DDs wanted to ride the tea cups, so we did, DH trying his best to make me sick (a byproduct of three pregnancies). He failed though. Yay!
We had about 35 minutes left before the park closed, and ODD was begging to ride BTMRR again, so we split up again. Our plan was to meet at Pirates just before closing, but it didn't happen. Instead, they went to ride, and we went to see the princesses. When I saw just how short the lines were, I texted DH and told him to meet me there.
We saw Cinderella first, and she was the most "real" looking Cinderella I've ever seen. In fact, I put a picture on Facebook, and others said the same thing. YDD got her hug, and then I laid DS in Cindy's lap for a picture. While doing that, YDD wandered off. One of the CMs brought her back. They heard me talking to her and started using her name as well. Later that night, they remembered her and shocked DH when they spoke to her.
When DH and ODD had ridden BTMRR and Splash again, they came to see the princesses, too. We saw Rapunzel together, and Snow White, then they went to see Cinderella and Aurora, where everyone remembered Lily.
On our way out of the park, we stopped for PP pictures in the rose garden, in front of the castle, and by the toy soldiers in the hub. DH wanted to wait on the last one, but I'm glad we didn't, because it was gone when we returned on Thursday.
On the bus ride home, our driver played trivia with us, and I was the only person on the bus to know Walt's middle name. Most of the questions were new and easy, but some were a little more difficult. It was definitely the best bus ride of our trip.
After showers and preparing for the next day. We were in bed by 2:30. The alarm was set for 7:45.

yjgirl32
12-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Great reports. Love reading them.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Wow! What a busy first day! Glad you had a good time (despite the bigger crowds).

Lindsey310
12-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Enjoying your trip report!! Especially liked the story of your daughter cutting her own hair into a half mullet lol! :mickey:

53 days & counting!!! :cloud9:

emerzmom
12-18-2013, 04:42 PM
I love the bus drivers that do trivia. It makes for a fun ride.
What a first day! I can't believe you were able to accomplish so much with so little sleep and 3 small children. Amazing!
:tink:
Julie

faline
12-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Goodness - there are only two of us and I don't think we could manage such a long day! You certainly packed a lot in for an arrival day!!

vizsla
12-24-2013, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the report.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Wonderful report. What is Walt's middle name?

IloveJack
12-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Wonderful report. What is Walt's middle name?

Elias.