PDA

View Full Version : Spell Check

Scar
12-15-2013, 07:54 AM
:clappy:

Just noticed. When did this happen?

1DisneyNut
12-15-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking about? Spell check is usually part of your browser functionality.

Scar
12-15-2013, 10:33 AM
All I know is that now when I misspell a word it either changes automatically or underlines it. Never noticed this before and I certainly didn't do anything to make it happen.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-15-2013, 05:35 PM
I know mine starting doing that when I installed the IE11 upgrade.

Love it ... everything is spell-checked, just awesome.

1DisneyNut
12-15-2013, 05:57 PM
All I know is that now when I misspell a word it either changes automatically or underlines it. Never noticed this before and I certainly didn't do anything to make it happen.

You must have taken a software update for your browser and it changed the default setting for spell check to enabled. If you have updates set to automatic, you wouldn't even realize it has happened.

If you haven't had spell check in the forums before, it must have been disabled in your browser. Spell checking is a browser feature. I don't use IE but in Firefox and Chrome, you can right click on a word in the reply box while typing and one of the setting options in the pop up box will be spell check. You can change the settings such as automatic or language preferences from there. I run Linux which usually comes with Firefox in the distro package and the language default is always set to UK English. I have to change it so it doesn't try to put a "u" in words all the time such as "colour" instead of "color."

I would imagine you can get to the settings in IE the same way but being that it is Microsoft who knows, it may be 12 directories deep under some obscure name. lol

Scar
12-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Is there an update to allow me to understand what you just said? ;)

Seriously, I did just have some automatic updates. Thanks.

NJGIRL
12-15-2013, 08:50 PM
I noticed it about a month or so ago.

marlyn
12-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Is there an update to allow me to understand what you just said? ;).

:rotfl::rotfl:

TinkerbellT421
12-30-2013, 05:57 PM
As long as this spell check is better than on my iPhone.

Last week a friend told me she got a new counter top fryer for her kitchen and she wanted ideas on what she can fry....I told her "two kids and oreos"

It was supposed to say "Twinkies"....