PDA

View Full Version : 2014 DVC Resort Refurbishments

VWL Mom
12-14-2013, 07:38 AM
The following was announced at yesterday's assc meeting

In 2014, we look forward to a hard goods refurbishment, which consists of a redesign and replacement of furniture and appliances, at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. In response to Member feedback and as part of the refurbishment at The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge a fifth sleeper is being added to the deluxe studios. Additionally, Disney’s Beach Club Villas and Disney’s BoardWalk Villas are in the planning stage for a hard goods refurbishment. Details will be provided at a future date.

Soft goods, which consist of interior paint, flooring and fabric replacement, are in the planning stage for Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.

At Disney’s Old Key West Resort the refurbishment of the sandcastle and dolphins icon was completed. Starting inearly 2014, several large-scale projects will be underway, including work at Olivia’s, Gurgling Suitcase, Goods To Go, and nearby restrooms, as well as removal of the pool bridge. During the time that the bridge work is taking place, the feature pool will be closed. Alternate feature pool options will be available as well as 3 leisure pools and spas.

The sea turtle mosaic in the lobby floor at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort has been enhanced. Design work for a hard goods refurbishment will begin in 2014.

The changes for the bedding components at the resorts are nearly complete. All resorts are expected to be complete by next year. Some resorts that have partially transitioned will receive bed scarves and bed skirts in the near future.

magicofdisney
12-14-2013, 09:19 AM
I can't believe they already need refurbs to Bay Lake Tower.

kakn7294
12-14-2013, 05:08 PM
I can't wait to see the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. I really don't like the current décor - it's far too busy and the patterns clash too much for my taste. I've never stayed there because of it but we love the rest of the resort.

Lindsey310
12-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Agreed that the villas at wilderness lodge need a refurb. The old school comforters are outdated and need to be replaced with duvets. :mickey:

56 days!!!! :cloud9:

VWL Mom
12-15-2013, 06:45 AM
I was looking at some photos online and for VWL it looks like they're going with the color scheme that they put in WL last year which is a much brighter. The photos also show the wood look tile on the floors in the kitchen area (and probably bath) which I love.

buzznwoodysmom
12-16-2013, 10:09 AM
I was looking at some photos online and for VWL it looks like they're going with the color scheme that they put in WL last year which is a much brighter. The photos also show the wood look tile on the floors in the kitchen area (and probably bath) which I love.

Where did you see the photos? We love WL, but when traveling with 5 sometimes we just can't stay there. The villas would be a great alternative for those occasions. I just never liked the décor so we have never even tried the villas. An updated look would definitely make me reconsider. It's always so quiet over by the villas.

DisneyFan1979
12-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Does this mean all the DVC resorts are switching over to duvets? I'm a new DVC member and when I was at the Boardwalk Villas in September they still had bedspreads.

VWL Mom
12-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Does this mean all the DVC resorts are switching over to duvets? I'm a new DVC member and when I was at the Boardwalk Villas in September they still had bedspreads.

They are all switching over to the duvets and should be completed in the near future.

wildernesslady
12-17-2013, 07:57 AM
I would love to see pictures of VWL but could not find any when I did a search. Is the new pull out going to be a chair or a pull down?

VWL Mom
12-17-2013, 08:23 AM
It doesn't say whether it will a sleeper chair or a pull down. I'm also a bit confused why it would be added only to the studios and not the larger units. The big chair is already in the 1 and 2 bdrm units so one would think they would just switch it out for a sleeper chair. I'll be staying there in January so hopefully I can get some more information.

DisneyGiant
12-21-2013, 01:29 AM
I thought that the Boardwalk was just recently done over as well?

I want to buy a teacup lamp if they change that out!! :)

VWL Mom
12-21-2013, 03:16 PM
I thought that the Boardwalk was just recently done over as well?

I want to buy a teacup lamp if they change that out!! :)

You're right, BWV was going through some sort of refurb when we stayed there in 2009. I'm not sure if all the furniture and appliances were replaced though.

dvcmember83
12-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Do we know when they are doing the refurbishments to the VWL? I have reservations there for June and was wondering.

Simba's Mom
12-29-2013, 12:22 PM
We were just at Hilton Head, and a CM we talked with told us details from a mock-up room he'd seen. As BIG fans of the place, we initially didn't want to see any changes, but it sounds really nice. The only strange thing is that although the resort plans to "eventually" go to the triple sheeting, the rehab involves new bedspreads.