PDA

View Full Version : Large group lodging

ransam
12-14-2013, 12:35 AM
I was wondering are there condos on property where you can get a package that will allow a big group to stay together?
I know you can rent condos off property that will sleep 11 people but is there anywhere on property?

thanks.

Dulcee
12-14-2013, 09:12 AM
I believe the largest on site accommodations are the Treehoues Villas and 3 bedroom Grand Villas available in some Disney Vacation club resorts. They sleep a max of 9.

VWL Mom
12-14-2013, 10:57 AM
I believe the largest on site accommodations are the Treehoues Villas and 3 bedroom Grand Villas available in some Disney Vacation club resorts. They sleep a max of 9.

While the Treehouse Villas sleep 9 the 3 Bedroom Grand Villas will accommodate 12.

If you're looking for a discount though the Grand Villas are ofter excluded from any specials and are quite pricey.

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Agreed ... the larger accommodations onsite are on the expensive side.

Since there aren't a lot of them, they never get discounted.

It might be worth looking into "regular" rooms, or suites at AoA (although those often aren't discounted either), but staying on site with a group can be a bit tricky.

1DisneyNut
12-14-2013, 09:58 PM
The 3 bedroom Grand Villas can be $900 or more per night. You can rent a whole house offsite for a week for less than what 2 nights cost on site. lol

We did one of the 2 bedrooms at Saratoga Springs for a week back in 2007 and it was over $550 per night plus tax. The hotel alone cost us over $4000 for the week. Completely waaaaay over priced and we said never again. We stay off site most of the time now.

Pirate Granny
12-14-2013, 10:33 PM
You can rent points/DVC for a grand Villa. We did, yep it was pricey, but worth it to be on site and sleep 12.

Buttercup
12-14-2013, 10:39 PM
We've rented 2 fort wilderness cabins side by side before. Each cabin sleeps 6 so our group of 12 were next door to each other. The cabins are fairly moderately priced too and quite nice. Although they're not as large as a condo or vacation house, they are really reasonable for what you get: a full kitchen, living room with Murphy bed, bedroom that sleeps 4, walk out deck with barbecue, private driveway and lots of quiet forest space all around!