PDA

View Full Version : 4 day Cruise Oct or Dec?

Poohbear88
12-12-2013, 01:32 PM
What month would you pick for a 4 day Cruise?
Oct or Dec with a the possiblity of going to Disney for a couple days?:mickey:

joanna71985
12-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Well, which season do you prefer? Oct the ship will most likely be set for Halloween, and Dec for Christmas. Also- Oct runs the risk of hurricane season, and Dec runs the risk of cooler weather. I don't know if price is a factor (Oct may be cheaper, depending on when in Dec you were considering). I was able to celebrate a Halloween cruise, and it was fun (but I would love to do a Christmas cruise).

GoldenDreams
12-17-2013, 06:04 PM
A 4-day cruise with a few days at Disney is the perfect vacation!

I would pick December because October is right in the middle of hurricane season. I have taken a couple of cruises in fall and both times, they were affected by hurricanes in the area. The seas were rocky and ports were missed. For one, the ship had to take a different course and avoid the storm. So all things being equal, I'd avoid fall if possible.

MarkC
12-18-2013, 11:21 AM
December. For all the reasons the posters above suggested. It will still be warm enough but no hurricanes possibly disrupting your trip. Plus it will probably be nice where you live and cold in December so it will be a nice winter break.

JerseyDad
12-18-2013, 09:56 PM
....if you don't care to be rocked to sleep by 14 to 16 foot swells ...then I'd say December!!

....our very first cruise on the Wonder in 2007 (a 4 day cruise) caught the backside edge of hurricane Noel on the first night (Nov 1st or 2nd?)

....was it terrifying? No ...once you got used to it, (I'd never been on a cruise ship before) and I really did sleep well that night. (it was like being in a queen sized cradle) :D

....fyi ...that same year there actually was a pretty decent strength tropical storm (Olga?) that was in the Caribbean on Dec 12th or 13th ...so ...the "hurricane season' really didn't end 'till December that year ..if you count named storms.

....we also went to POP for 5 days after the cruise ...it was a really good trip.