PDA

View Full Version : mixed msgs

rae
12-12-2013, 01:14 PM
We are in the final stretch in our planning with just 37 days to go.:mickey:

Last year we were booked at POR for 6 nights. We reserved a garden view room. I put in a building request with my travel agent for buildings 14,16 or 17. She put it in and sure enough when we were checked in we were in building 14.

This year I made the same request and was told (by the same agent) that I could not request those buildings because I had not paid or the preferred room.

I tried to do it direct with Central Res and the rep told me she would have been more then happy to put in the request. she said "you can't get what you don't ask for, so you might as well try" She advised that I contact my agent and that they could do it no problem.

My question is can I put in a building request regardless of room category?
Should I question my agent?
I don't want to cause trouble or ask for something I shouldn't.
Thanks for the advice.

#1donaldfan
12-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Some travel agents have no idea of the Disney "inner" policies. I'd research it further. By the way. You can request a particular building by calling or faxing the resort directly, however on your initial ressies it's much better. They will accept requests for buildings, I think, two weeks out ?? I've done it that way in the past and it's worked to our advantage every single time (knock on wood). :cool:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-12-2013, 01:39 PM
I believe that you can put in anything you'd like as a request.

Maybe your agent was trying to let you know that since they are preferred you're less likely to get them, so make requests that are more likely?

Either way, ask away, it can't hurt! (but don't be disappointed). Oftentimes, instead of a specific building, I ask for what I want, like "close to main building" or "close to a bus stop".

Tink1
12-12-2013, 07:31 PM
I have actually had some DRC agents refuse to put in a request for a bookable category.

I am going to guess that it was probably as ibelieveindisneymagic said, that your agent wanted you to know that while she may be able to request it, it is a bookable category your chances are slimmer of getting it since people have paid to be in those locations. Perhaps there would be a better choice of requests.

I too usually let them know what I want rather than a specific location. (close to food court, close to bus) That way if a specific building cannot be obtained they know what I am looking for.

Nanc