PDA

View Full Version : Family Gathering Pretrip Report

Dulcee
12-12-2013, 11:50 AM
I've been trying to hold off on this but our Magic Bands appeared today and I'm very excited!

Trip Dates: 1/3/14-1/11/14
Resort: Treehouse Villas
Parks: MK, HS, AK, Epcot + Universal

Players:
Myself and DH: We've got a big surprise to share at the start of this trip
Harley & Cruise: Our puppies, first time being kenneled ever, staying at Best Friends Pet Resort :dog:
FIL, MIL + Little BIL: Celebrating their 35th anniversary
SIL and her DH

The backstory: This trip came about from FIL wanting to organize a group vacation around their 35th anniversary. It was no easy task and we went through plenty of drama and issues in planning. I'm still a bit nervous of traveling to WDW with people who aren't self described disney freaks.

They also aren't big planners. We've all compromised and have some plan but its certainly looser then I'm used to with far less reservations/concrete game plans.

Magic bands got shipped to our house. They're very nice by the way. We'll be arriving first (driving in on the 3rd from NC) and spending the first night in the general Orlando area. Everyone else will arrive by air on the 4th. I've made fast pass pluses for 3 days (DH and I need to add days to our tickets when we arrive). We tested the earlier version of this system last year (loved it) and are excited to be involved again.

Game plan:
Day 1: Drive down from NC to Orlando. Pet friendly hotel with the pups for the night.

Day 2: Get the doggies settled at the kennel, some park time for just DH and I. Meet up with the inlaws after they arrive and Ohana's for dinner. We have a big announcement to share at dinner. I'm pregnant! :cloud9: This will be DH's parents first grandchild so we're pretty sure they will be over the moon excited.

Day 3: Animal Kingdom. Tusker House for Breakfast. Jiko's for dinner.

Day 4: MK in the AM, Epcot in the afternoon. Dinner at Biergarten.

Day 5: One of the Universal Parks, dinner at City Walk/Universal area (I'm pulling hard for Tchoup chop)

Day 6: HS in the AM, MK in the afternoon. Dinner at Be Our Guest!

Day 7: Second Universal Park, dinner at Raglan Road

Day 8: DH and I will hit the parks some more and hopefully squeeze in Fantastmic. Everyone else wants a down day and has opted for shorter park tickets. Dinner is open.

Day 9: Spring the puppies from the kennel and head on home.

This trip will certainly be different then our last big trip (you can probably search my honeymoon report from last year) since I may be limited on rides that I can do with the pregnancy and since we'll be visiting the puppies twice daily. Hoping for some sunshine :)

I love writing trip reports and try to update day by day so I hit lots of details. Hope some of you come along for the ride!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-12-2013, 01:40 PM
:congrats:

yjgirl32
12-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Sounds great. Congratulations. Have a great and safe trip and can't wait to read your trip reports!!!!!

Donald
12-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Awesome! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Enjoy your vacation!:mickey:

faline
12-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Congratulations to you!! What a great anniversary present for your in-laws!! Sounds like you've got a wonderful trip planned!

RedSoxFan
12-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Congrats and have a wonderful vacation. :mickey:

steamboat willy
01-07-2014, 08:14 AM
:congrats: What a Great way to Celebrate and Share your wonderful news! I remember we were both planning a trip last year, yours being a honeymoon. We are planning another September Trip this year for our 30th Anniversary.:party2: Enjoy and stay warm in sunny Florida. It's 8 degrees this morning in sunny NC. Burrrrrrrrr.