PDA

View Full Version : Zawadi's Safari To The Magic (Day 4/7)

Zawadi
12-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Tues 10 Dec 2013 - Epcot
Who said that coming to WDW was restful? After another, all too short sleep, we got up late for Epcot. We needed to report for "training" at Mission Space by 10:00. Signed up for Orange then the usual FP+ reader error. This time the CM said that there had been problems and just overrode the system to let us in.

We still hadn't been able to face breakfast, more to do with Le Cellier than Mission Space! However, we needed a snack, so headed off to Sunshine Seasons. In the Land pavilion we noticed the Christmas model depicting Epcot and Disney Cruise Line. It was obvious that a lot of work had gone into making the model.

It was the a quick walk across Future World to Test Track. We scanned the MagicBands and the scanner went blue. That was no surprise. What was a surprise was the short and aggressive way in which the CM said "You've no Fastpass!". To which I replied "Yes I have and can prove it!" We've got mixed feelings about this version of Test Track. On the plus side the car design and loosing the environment rooms. On the minus side the loss learning about ABS etc.

The attitude of the CM at Test Track's fastpass return had really got to me. So much that after the ride we headed for Guest Services. The line was out of the door so we left for our Soarin' FP+ timeslot. Again another failed scan and had to show proof via my phone. So, in four days we had had less than 25% successful FP+ scans.

We decided to do a tour of World Showcase, starting with Canada. By the time that we go to the Liberty Inn, we decided to stop for lunch.

On the way out we stopped at Guest Services to complain about FP+ and the CM. The guest services CM examined our account and spotted that we has a cloned "managed" version of ourselves which was probably confusing the system. That's the symptom but how did the system create a clone in the first place? She tried out the fix by placing a Spaceship Earth FP+ reservation on my band then took my band over to the ride to see if it registered. On her return I asked if she enjoyed the ride. The issue appeared to be resolved and as compensation she offered us 2 unrestricted sets of FP+ within Epcot as well as VIP viewing of Illuminations from Italy.

We returned to the AKL for the Wanyama Safari which ended with meal in Jiko. This started off at 15:45 with Rooibos Tea, African inspired cucumber sandwiches and orange and cardamom scones. Just after 16:00 the seven guests boarded the safari truck and headed out to the barns. The next 100 minutes were ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! At one point a giraffe tried to put its head into the truck above DW's head. It was really that close! After the safari, we had over 200 photos. The tour returned to Jiko to conclude with a 4 course meal with wines selected to match each course.

After the meal, we got changed and headed back to Epcot for our VIP viewing of Illuminations. We arrived a bit early so went on Spaceship Earth first.

The bus back to the AKL was packed. As we set off the driver made an announcement that the junction of Osceloa Parkway and Jambo House was being resurfaced. This meant that the busses had to stop at Jambo House first. Well the cheer was deafening!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Too bad about the rude CM, we usually encounter only great CM's but that once in a while bad one usually is over the top rude:(

yjgirl32
12-12-2013, 08:25 AM
So sorry to hear about the rude cm. Glad you had a good day besides the cm. Thanks for sharing.

faline
12-17-2013, 07:00 PM
There's really no need for the cast members to be rude - they must have already experienced the many glitches that have occurred with Fastpass+! Glad you were given a bit of a "bonus" when you compalined!