PDA

View Full Version : Food reviews from our recent visit

Katzateer
12-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Kona- breakast was very good and our dinner was also. But they substituted a roasted Brussel sprout with bacon instead of broccolini and the waiter did not tell me. When I asked what the side was, he said they had not been able to get the broccolini for a few weeks. Good thing I liked it -I think that is the first time I have eaten Brussel sprouts.

The Wave - very good breakfast buffet. Lots of fresh fruit and I tryed eggs Benedict for first time. I like my eggs with no runny yolk but liked the citrus flavored sauce that was on the eggs. They don't always have a breakfast buffet but it was worth it and drinks are included for about $20 a person.

Cape May- it was good, but the selection for non- seafood was not very plentiful. And the dessert choices are not as good as they were a few years ago. And the lines at this buffet are always hard to navigate.

Katzateer
12-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Flame Tree - great, one of my favorites. We got a rib and chicken dinner and a pulled pork sandwich dinner and shared. And the onion rings are the BEST!!

Grand Floridian Cafe- last trip I loved it, this trip it was just ok. We went for breakfast.

Narcossee 's was very good. We went our first night without advanced seating and sat at the bar. The steak is melt in your mouth perfect!:cloud9:

Beignets at Port Orleans :cloud9::number1::mickey:

Popcorn at MK

Dole whip several times at Polynesian. :cloud9:

The food is good at Splittsville bowling alley but it is VERY loud! I got a burger and fries and enjoyed every bite.

Trails End- wonderful chicken! The only thing not good was the brisket- very fatty.

Boma's - breakfast. My husband loves Boma's - me not so much. But I am glad he got to go since he hasn't been in years and really liked it. I didn't leave hungry but not my favorite.

Katzateer
12-11-2013, 04:31 PM
We ate our way around Epcot and enjoyed a snack from every country.:thumbsup: We tryed one item from each country that was in the Hoilday passport guide and I don't remember not liking anything.

School Bread from Norway:thumbsup:

From France we got a sandwich to split and whatever their featured holiday dessert was ( it was really good)

Over near the entrance to World Showcase- I think it is called the Promenade- OMG the Fried Jumbo Shrimp is AmAZING. How have I missed that all these years? We skipped SciFi to get to Epcot in time for Illuminations and found this little gem by accident. I won't bypass it again.

Katzateer
12-11-2013, 04:39 PM
We had great food but did miss a few places I had planned to go to but just not enough time. It was extremely crowded and you could not just walk up to many places. Advanced dining was needed during most of our trip- everyplace was packed!!
But eating at WDW is always fun. Now I need to get back to the gym so my pants aren't so tight. Even with all that walking........:(

magicofdisney
12-11-2013, 04:45 PM
I loved this review. You've inspired me to try a couple of new things. I know what you mean about your pants. On our 4th day, I had to pull a little tighter to get my pants to buckle. :blush:

Melanie
12-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Thanks got your report, Deb. I agree with so many of your assessments.

JerseyDad
12-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Flame Tree - great, one of my favorites. We got a rib and chicken dinner and a pulled pork sandwich dinner and shared. And the onion rings are the BEST!!

....agree with your assessment of Flame Tree!! In 10 prior visits to WDW ...we always passed by ...and never ate there ...this past August we changed that ...and were happy that we did!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Sounds yummy thanks for the report

AgentC
12-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Over near the entrance to World Showcase- I think it is called the Promenade- OMG the Fried Jumbo Shrimp is AmAZING. How have I missed that all these years? We skipped SciFi to get to Epcot in time for Illuminations and found this little gem by accident. I won't bypass it again.

The shrimp there is wonderful and such a good value for the money.

#1donaldfan
12-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Gosh, now I want to be there...it's much warmer and I do love the breakfast at the Wave.........:mickey:

PlutoPlanet
12-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the reviews.

Boma is my favorite breakfast at WDW.

Where do you get the school bread in Norway?

Sylvia
12-13-2013, 08:14 PM
Where do you get the school bread in Norway?

Kringla Bakeri og Cafe - A must stop at least twice on every trip to WDW - particularly for Kringla (sweet pretzel with almond slivers) and Smoked Ham and Jarlsberg Cheese sandwich.

VWL Mom
12-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Thanks for your reviews. I have never seen the Promenade either but will be looking for it on our next trip. My boys will be in heaven.

JerseyDad
12-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Kringla Bakeri og Cafe - A must stop at least twice on every trip to WDW - particularly for Kringla (sweet pretzel with almond slivers) and Smoked Ham and Jarlsberg Cheese sandwich.

....I wonder if they still have the sugar-free chocolate mousse? My daughter craved it so badly when she was there ...being a low-carb dieter ...it was one thing she could have with no guilt associated with it.

Arielfan98
12-14-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm not surprised by your Kona review. I'm glad you enjoyed the change, but they have done this to me in particular so many times. I used to enjoy their porkchop there which used to have a pomegranate rub, but now is coffee flavored. The rub doesn't bother me so much as the sides that they change. The menu stated it came with mash potatoes and some greens, but I got sweetly mashed potatoes to which I asked the waiter to substitute with rice because I don't like sweet potatoes. I just don't like how they keep changing things there, so my family has stopped in addition to to the fact that they removed one of my sister's favorite dishes off the menu as well.

Thanks for the reviews! I will keep them in mind.

pdrlkr
12-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the review! I like your idea of having a snack in every country at EPCOT. We are definitely doing it on our upcoming trip, :thumbsup::mickey:

Lindsey310
12-14-2013, 08:20 PM
You are making me hungry lol. Thanks for the reviews, we always try at least 1-2 new restaurants every time we go , that's part of the fun for us. I always diet hard core before and after to make up for it! :eat:

56 days!!!!! :cloud9:

yjgirl32
12-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Great review.

TheVBs
12-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the reviews!