PDA

View Full Version : "Lifetime" passes?

PlutoPlanet
12-10-2013, 07:25 PM
My wife heard a rumor about Disney offering "Lifetime" passes as a way to raise capital to build Avatarland. Has anyone heard anything about this?

kakn7294
12-10-2013, 09:04 PM
The only lifetime passes I have ever heard about are those specially granted by Disney. I've never heard of any for sale. With the cost of an AP already being over $600, I doubt that many could afford one if they offer them for sale. I know I couldn't!

BrerGnat
12-11-2013, 07:53 AM
I know Legoland has always offered a lifetime pass. Last I checked it was around $2000.

If Disney ever offered something like that, I would expect it to be north of $10,000.

PlutoPlanet
12-11-2013, 11:58 AM
If this turns out not to be true, I'll give up believing what my wife thinks she hears at the hair salon.

DizneyFreak2002
12-11-2013, 12:08 PM
If this turns out not to be true, I'll give up believing what my wife thinks she hears at the hair salon.

A billion dollar corporation, theme parks with billions in profit every year, selling lifetime passes to fund a project in WDW? No, not true... sorry...

Sponsorship, maybe... but not lifetime passes...

Ms. Mode
12-11-2013, 12:10 PM

To be fair, she probably DID hear something like that at the salon...it just doesn't sound like something Disney would offer though. LOL...we always talk about WDW when I'm getting my hair done.

JerseyDad
12-11-2013, 01:27 PM
A billion dollar corporation, theme parks with billions in profit every year, selling lifetime passes to fund a project in WDW? No, not true... sorry...

....why not? ....imagine WDW XYZ Corp offering the lifetime pass at a substantial fee ......and then after some time ....WDW XYZ Corp goes belly-up ...only to be replaced by WDW ZYX Corp ....sorry ...your passes no longer are valid.

....sorta' like when I paid a one-time +$400 fee for Sirius Satellite Radio "lifetime" membership ...only to have the XM / Sirius merger render it invalid.

....perhaps that was laced with more sarcasm than some are used to ...but in my progressing age ...I trust no one ....ever.

RavsRuleDisney!
12-11-2013, 04:17 PM

Beat me to it Freak....

DryCreek
02-13-2014, 08:22 PM
To be fair, she probably DID hear something like that at the salon...it just doesn't sound like something Disney would offer though. LOL...we always talk about WDW when I'm getting my hair done.

Wait - are you a bus driver? Everyone knows that they are the only CM's with the real scoop!

Altair
02-13-2014, 08:41 PM
A billion dollar corporation, theme parks with billions in profit every year, selling lifetime passes to fund a project in WDW?

Why not? We still subsidize oil companies.

John
02-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Beat me to it Freak....

It already was done - in the early years of the Magic Kingdom in Florida. Of course, at the time, only one park existed. My dad almost bought them. From what I heard, it would only apply now to the park that was open at the time.

It's not unheard of but at this point because of the cost, it would have such a prohibitive price tag to most people that it wouldn't be useful in building capital anyway.

TheDuckRocks
02-15-2014, 09:08 AM

Do not doubt your wife, you can not believe what you can hear at the hair salon, supermarket or swap meet. If it has any basis of truth is another matter.