PDA

View Full Version : Hot Stove Thread

Scar
12-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Sooo...

Now that Football season is officially over...

Love the Granderson sign. Let's just hope The Mets don't stop there and figure out some way to get some kind of SS. I am really hoping that I can throw out my MESS hat this year. We'll see.

This Yankees/Ellsbury/Cano thing doesn't make sense. Now, don't get me wrong, $240M/10 for Cano is rediculous. But $153M/7 for Ellsbury is even more rediculous. Can someone enlighten me about this?

Ms. Mode
12-09-2013, 08:15 AM
My DH thought the same thing...you forgot to mention that the Yankees signed McCann for 5 years for millions too. I really like McCann and will miss him on my team, I guess 5 years as a pinch hitter is good for several million. :D

readytogo2
12-09-2013, 01:26 PM
are the meetings at swan and dolphins hotels this week? saw something on mlb network and outside looked like it

Melanie
12-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Yes, they are at the Dolphin.

Jared
12-10-2013, 01:35 AM
are the meetings at swan and dolphins hotels this week? saw something on mlb network and outside looked like it
The meetings are at the Dolphin. I'm here working. If anybody else is around, get in touch!

Scar
12-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Hopefully, you're working on getting Alderson to spend more money.

Jared
12-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Hopefully, you're working on getting Alderson to spend more money.
Not sure I have that authority. :)

barnaby
12-11-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm a Red Sox fan and liked Ellsbury. But glad they didn't sign him for as much as the Yankees did.
He's a good player - elite defender, solid bat, a little pop, great baserunner. But 20/mil a year?

TinkerbellT421
12-30-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm a Red Sox fan and liked Ellsbury. But glad they didn't sign him for as much as the Yankees did.
He's a good player - elite defender, solid bat, a little pop, great baserunner. But 20/mil a year?

:ditto: and let's not leave out that fact that even though he is young and can "bounce back", he has been injury prone. Now I have to find a new Red Sox heart throb to crush on.....:(

Hammer
12-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Haven't posted to this thread because...THE PHILLIES HAVE DONE NOTHING!

I do not consider the Marlon Byrd or Roberto Hernandez/Fausto Carmona signings anything of significance. It doesn't look like our GM is going to do anything else either :shake: . Best I can hope for is he trades Papelbon, whom I will be glad to see leave. Papelbon's attitude is just poison in that clubhouse. He has no problem blaming others. Best example was the game where Brad Lidge retired (I was at that game). Papelbon blows the save and proceeds to sulk blaming the defense in the media. I'm sure the defense was partly to blame, but take some responsibility as well. It was the exact opposite of how the closer who retired that night handled a blown save.