PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Carribean port adventures questions

Lisa and Alan
12-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Anyone tried the zip lining port adventures in Puerto Rico or St. Thomas ? We are thinking of booking the 11/1 Eastern Carribean cruise on the Fantasy. Have never cruised Eastern before . Any experiences to share ? Our ports would be St Thomas/ St.John and Puerto Rico. I am hearing that we should do the Meagean Bay excursion in St.Thomas, so we are thinking of zip lining in Puerto Rico.:mickey:

Zippy 1
12-08-2013, 09:36 PM
St. Thomas is beautiful. We loved watching the cruise ships come in. We did not go to the bay you are talking about. If you are planing on snorkeling I would save it for St. John's. The water there is amazing. There is so much snorkeling it was hard to choose the best beach. I hope you have a great time!

Zippy 1
12-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Just a heads up about the trip to Meagan's Bay. It is on the other side of the island from where the cruise ships dock. I don't know how much time you have but it could be a long ride as driving in St.Thomas is on island time. If you have any specific questions about St.Thomas pm me and I will try to answer them

Lisa and Alan
12-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Ok... Thank you. I will have to look into snorkeling at StJohn. We saved snorkeling for Castaway Cay last time. May need to make some changes :)

susie & perla's mom
12-09-2013, 04:00 PM
We were just in St. Thomas last month via Fantasy and I miss St. Thomas already. We booked the Caribbean Sea Safari, Snorkeling Beach Tour. I would highly recommended it. Snorkeling was amazing followed by a quick stop at Honeymoon Beach. When I say quick, it means they only gave us enough time time to order burgers and hotdogs and eat them. Not a big deal though because I was not really impressed of the beach. Too rocky for me. This excursion includes all you can drink beer/tropical rum drinks. I'm not a big drinker, but I truly enjoyed it that day. After that quick stop at the beach, we brought our kids back to the ship and we walked to the mall. They have a lot of high end shops there like Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Ferragamo, etc...My husband was lucky because I had a little bit too much to drink. I cannot decide what I really wanted.:marg:

Mendelson
01-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Just to chime in, slightly on-topic - snorkeling on Castaway Cay is NOTHING like snorkeling on St. John. I've spent a few weeks on the latter (and got married there); when you get to St. Thomas I'd immediately head over to St. John and go to Cinnamon or Waterlemon Bays (Trunk Bay is the popular one, but it's crowded) for the best snorkeling you'll have on this cruise.

Christine
01-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Sounds fantastic!

DizneyRox
01-10-2014, 08:25 PM
We would stay on the ship in PR, shop in St. Thomas, and enjoy Castaway Cay. We'll be going St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Castaway Cay on our next one. Really wish DCL would do two stops at Castaway Cay on 5+ day cruises.