PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands

SueQ
12-06-2013, 10:09 AM
We have the option to customize Magic Bands for our vacation. Do you have to have them though?? We only have a room on our reservation and would prefer to just have a room card/key. I've heard too many horror stories about the Magic Bands.

DizneyFreak2002
12-06-2013, 10:18 AM
We have the option to customize Magic Bands for our vacation. Do you have to have them though?? We only have a room on our reservation and would prefer to just have a room card/key. I've heard too many horror stories about the Magic Bands.

You can opt out of using the Magic Bands and only use an RFID key card... However, you won't be able to use FastPass....

Strmchsr
12-06-2013, 10:49 AM
You can opt out of using the Magic Bands and only use an RFID key card... However, you won't be able to use FastPass....

Well, it depends on the resort. All of the values are Magic Band only now, I think.

cajundisneyfreak
12-06-2013, 11:33 AM
My sister and her family are at WDW now.They are staying at AOA and upon check in they gave them magic bands & the key to the world card. Their party of 12 are not big fans of the magic bands.

mickclub1955
12-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Well, it depends on the resort. All of the values are Magic Band only now, I think.

You can still opt out of the magic band and use the RFID card.

All guests will receive a MagicBand, but a Key to the World card can be requested. However, it will not have an active magnetic strip, meaning it cannot be used for regular FASTPASS, but can be used in place of, or in addition to a MagicBand.

You can still schedule fast pass +, you just can't use it for regular fastpass.

DizneyFreak2002
12-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Looking at Sue's signature, her and her family are staying at Pop, a value resort... She should still be able to opt out of the Magic Band though... She just won't be able to use any Legacy Fastpass options...

Polynesian Dweller
12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Looking at Sue's signature, her and her family are staying at Pop, a value resort... She should still be able to opt out of the Magic Band though... She just won't be able to use any Legacy Fastpass options...

Don't be so sure of that. That trip is still 4 months away and Disney is progressively discontinuing the KTTW card. It's possible it won't be an option by then, especially at all values.

mickclub1955
12-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Don't be so sure of that. That trip is still 4 months away and Disney is progressively discontinuing the KTTW card. It's possible it won't be an option by then, especially at all values.

The new KTTW cards do not have a magnetic strips. They are RFID and can be used instead of the magic bands if they are requested.

SueQ
12-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Can I have the Magic Bands just for the room??

JerseyDad
12-06-2013, 05:18 PM
.....should I find it interesting how the 'values' were the first to have something taken away?

Jillirose
12-06-2013, 09:55 PM

We are arriving in FEB and staying at the Dolphin - we bought park hoppers. I've called a few times and from what they are telling me, the full implementation for magic bands will not yet be in effect. So, I'm guessing we will still be able to navigate the old fashioned fast pass way?