PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hour Birthday Celebration

Disney4us2
12-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Our day started out early. I was trying to avoid any rush hour traffic.

We left just before 7am and got to Best Friends Pet Center to drop off Ginger. It didn't take as long as I had expected as there was NO traffic The rates went up there... I was not expecxting that. Gave her a spa treatment to have her nails done.

Onward to AKL Jambo House. We checked in, gave bell services our suitcase and went out to the bus to EPCOT.

Since this was Jessica's 14th birthday, I let her choose anything she wanted. No surprise that all she wanted to do was watch Captain EO. I sat out on this. That way she was not stuck in the handicapped area and could sit where she wanted to. We never did any other attractions. Epcot crowds seemed very sparse today.

Lunch was at Tokyo Dining and she wanted her sushi. I had chicken with teriyaki sauce. This is the first time I didn't care for the food there. The chicken was dry.

The room was ready just before 3pm and we headed back to AKL. The room was nice/clean and we had somewhat of a savannah view. Only saw some birds, Not dissapointed as I had booked a standard DVC studio. I really like the studios at Kidani Village much better. Bigger bathroom and more space. But for one night it was just fine.

Dinner was at 1900 Park Fare. Jessica loves their mac and cheese. They also have added a limited menu of sushi now. They had spicy tuna rolls, california rolls and veggie rolls. Dinner was a hit and the characters were great, especially the stepsisters.

Some issues had came into play. I really don't like boarding the bus at Jambo House with my scooter. It took an extra bus...GRRR On the way to dinner, while on the bus. I lost a contact. I guess my eye dried out a bit and it was gone. Funny though, I was wearing a tshirt from the 24 hour EYEMAZING event with Mike on it. I guess we both only had one eye...lol. Did have a bit of magic... the bus driver had us stay on the bus and took us (and 2 couples) to the Grand Floridian instead of having to take the monorail there.

After dinner we got on the monorail to MK to get the bus. Fireworks had let out and there was a big crowd leaving. It took a few busses as there were 3 scooters ahead of me. No problem with that. Just don't like how they pack the busses like sardines. I should have driven, but didn't want to loose my H/C spot.

We left to get Ginger around 10:30. On the way there we saw an accident infront of Port Orleans Riverside. It involved 3 cars. The police were there and later on the fire dept and ambulances. I feel sorry for those involved. It really put a dent into their vacations as well as their cars...

Didn't take us long to get home and back into the routine.

Today, Jessica is back to school and I am off for bloodwork. It was nice to have a quick break from "real life".

Resort: Jambo was nice... just too big with smaller rooms. Love Kidani, and will book there over Jambo. Glad I was able to try it out, but it just doesn't seem like "home".

Busses: Like getting the bus from Kidani much better. Service was good though, in general. Great bus driver to personally take us to the GF.:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
12-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Glad you were able to have such a nice birthday celebration for Jessica!

faline
12-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Nice way to celebrate Jessica's birthday!!

Sorry about the lost contact lens.

emerzmom
12-06-2013, 11:56 AM
We recently returned from our first 1 night trip. It was actually lots of fun. So glad you two enjoyed your mini vacation and birthday celebration!
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Nice birthday:mickey: