PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness

JMTStone
12-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Hoop de doo or Mickey's BBQ?

We will be a family of 4 - only 1 under 21. All love some Mikey time but I'm hearing good things about Hoop de doo.

Zippy 1
12-05-2013, 11:23 AM
We loved the Hoop De Doo Revue!! We had a blast. I would give it a try

hoop de do
12-05-2013, 01:42 PM
I'd try Hoop De Do. I think you'll enjoy it.
Let us know.
Have a great vaca.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

whitney37354
12-05-2013, 02:34 PM
We all enjoyed HDDR-four adults & three kids. We haven't done Mickey's BBQ.

JMTStone
12-05-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm wondering if Mickey's BBQ is like Chef Mickeys where there's a buffet and the characters come and greet you while the Hoop dee doo is more like the Ohana Dinner show?

I like to meet mickey at one dinner but this is our FIRST time at Wilderness and don't want to miss a "can't miss"

hoop de do
12-05-2013, 04:11 PM
You won't meet Mickey at Hoop De Do.
It is a dinner show with some audience interaction.
Don't know about Mick's barbecue.

CU Tiger
12-06-2013, 10:06 AM
HDDR!! We love it.:thumbsup::mickey:

pox24
12-06-2013, 10:28 AM
No Contest.... Hoop Dee Doo:thumbsup:

JMTStone
12-06-2013, 10:32 AM
I see where you're all coming from.... And maybe since we're so close we can Chef Mickey this trip to get our Mickey on and do HDDR as our "home" dinner.

Its our last on our DVC resorts to do list - we've stayed at them all and have made an at-resort dining experience at each. SSR (our home resort) was not a favorite - the Turf Club had steak that tasted like - well.... turf.

So.. any secrets on seating preferences?

Lindsey310
12-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Hoop dee doo is really fun, the food is decent and it's an all around good time. Go for it! :thumbsup:

62 days!!!! :cloud9:

whitney37354
12-26-2013, 01:17 PM
We were in Cat 2 seating, on the main floor, on the right as you are looking toward the stage. There was a pole that was probably partially blocking the view of our friend who ended up on that side of the table, but he didn't complain. The balcony seating didn't look bad, if you wanted to save some money. If you are Cat 1, you will be in the center of the action & may be called upon to be part of the evening's entertainment.

VWL Mom
12-26-2013, 02:02 PM
I see where you're all coming from.... And maybe since we're so close we can Chef Mickey this trip to get our Mickey on and do HDDR as our "home" dinner.

Its our last on our DVC resorts to do list - we've stayed at them all and have made an at-resort dining experience at each. SSR (our home resort) was not a favorite - the Turf Club had steak that tasted like - well.... turf.

So.. any secrets on seating preferences?

You do realize the HDDR is at Ft Wilderness and not Wilderness Lodge correct? Was a bit thrown with the "home" dinner as they are two totally different resorts. The two table services at VWL/WL would be Artist Point or Whispering Canyon.

JMTStone
12-27-2013, 08:05 AM
You do realize the HDDR is at Ft Wilderness and not Wilderness Lodge correct? Was a bit thrown with the "home" dinner as they are two totally different resorts. The two table services at VWL/WL would be Artist Point or Whispering Canyon.

Yes but thank you for reminding me. I understand there is a nice walkway between the two, correct?

VWL Mom
12-27-2013, 08:47 AM
Yes but thank you for reminding me. I understand there is a nice walkway between the two, correct?

There is a jogging trail between the two which is about ¾ of a mile. IMO it's fine in daylight but kind of creepy in the dark. You also have the option of taking the bus or the boat.

JMTStone
12-27-2013, 08:51 AM
There is a jogging trail between the two which is about ¾ of a mile. IMO it's fine in daylight but kind of creepy in the dark. You also have the option of taking the bus or the boat.

I'll probably get familiar with the trail but now that you mention it, I bet the kids (DD20 and DD12) will want to take the boat.

Thank you again.