PDA

View Full Version : CS or S&D...which?

Mitzie
12-03-2013, 08:48 AM
We are headed down to WDW for just two nights..one full day of parks. We keep going back and forth between Coronado Springs and the Swan. I can get a teacher discount at the Swan that makes them pretty comparable. We were not getting the dining plan. What are the pros and cons of each. The kids have never stayed at CS, all of us stayed at the Dolphin a few years back. I do not know the Swan very well. Is there a good place to grab a light breakfast..ie. muffin and coffee..or should we just walk to the BW bakery...Help.

Ms. Mode
12-03-2013, 10:02 AM
I'm not familiar with the Swan and Dolphin but I just LOVE CS! My DD looked into the teacher discount and said it wasn't worth it for them, so she went with staying on property (because Swan and Dolphin are not really "on property" but have perks).

CS is just so beautiful and they have a great pool for kids. CB is also a great place for children. If you only have one day in the parks though you may not have a lot of pool time...just a thought.

I hope you have a wonder "mini" trip. :mickey:

DisneyFan1979
12-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I think it may somewhat depends on what type of Disney accommodations you typically favor: the Swan is more like a Disney deluxe resort in that there are interior hallways, fancy restaurants, and the hotel is in walking distance to Epcot and easy boat distance/fair walk distance from the Studios.

I've stayed at both and prefer the Swan for two main reasons: it's quieter than the moderates and you can walk to Epcot.

Regarding breakfast, the bar area in the Swan lobby converts to a breakfast spot in the morning for grab and go items. There are tables right there that you can sit at or just outside in the nearby interior courtyard. Picabu cafeteria at the Dolphin is also open 24 hours. The store on the Boardwalk is also convenient if you want to buy breakfast foods the night before and keep them in your room fridge.

Think about what parks you're going to go to and that might help with the decision. If you're going to the Studios or Epcot, the Swan has a big edge in that it will save you lots of time. On the other hand, if you'll be going to MK it doesn't matter so much.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2013, 08:42 AM
I vote for CSR, we loved this resort and in my opinion its always better to stay in a Disney owned hotel:mickey: