PDA

View Full Version : No KTTK card at All Stars Starting This Week

mickclub1955
12-02-2013, 06:03 PM
The change begins today at Disney's All Star Sports, December 4 at All Star Music, and December 6 2013 at All Star Movies. The program will also continue at Disney's Pop Century Resort.

All guests will receive a MagicBand, but a Key to the World card can be requested. However, it will not have an active magnetic strip, meaning it cannot be used for regular FASTPASS, but can be used in place of, or in addition to a MagicBand. .

faline
12-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the update.

mickclub1955
12-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Usually when Disney kicks something off, it gets started at the Deluxe resorts. I have noticed that this is starting at the Value resorts. This is a major shift for Disney. Does this mean that they know that it isn't that great?

Ms. Mode
12-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Usually when Disney kicks something off, it gets started at the Deluxe resorts. I have noticed that this is starting at the Value resorts. This is a major shift for Disney. Does this mean that they know that it isn't that great?

...or they are testing it on a larger mass of people...

Melanie
12-03-2013, 10:02 AM
They tested the RFID drink refill system at the values first. It's not so unusual.

Buttercup
12-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Am I the only one who just thinks things keep on getting more and more complicated?

So, you get a Magic Band, but you can request a KTTK card, but it won't be usable for FastPass, but it can be used in place of, or addition to, a Magic Band.

:confused::confused::confused:

Honestly. Why can't they just say "Starting tomorrow, this is the way it is." No "this OR this, or maybe this, OR this but then this."

I love the idea of Magic Bands but seriously, just pick a date and BOOM, make every resort just start using it, all the same way. End of story. They just like to complicate things! LOL

WiltonJohn
12-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Honestly. Why can't they just say "Starting tomorrow, this is the way it is." No "this OR this, or maybe this, OR this but then this."

It would overload the technology. Like a website crash....... couldn't handle the traffic.

They likely have to slowly add in users and see how the technology keeps up with the demand.

Than they find the screw ups ... fix them, and then add more users and more complications into the mix.

best,

................john

JerseyDad
12-03-2013, 09:31 PM
...or they are testing it on a larger mass of people...

....yes ...the peasants.