PDA

View Full Version : Family Extravaganza, Magic Kingdom and MVMCP

sacandjac
12-01-2013, 09:39 PM
We are up early and heading to Magic Kingdom by 815. Boat transportation from Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness pretty good and a nice break from the busses. Anyway, we catch the morning opening show and we always love it!!

Crowds still very manageable. We head to new Fantasyland and check out Gaston's Tavern and ride Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Then we had to Peter Pan to use our fast pass+. We had very good luck with our Magic Bands and our fast pass+. We also had fast pass+ for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. Lunch at Columbia Harbor House-good food. We set upstairs and it was almost empty which was relaxing!! Loved the new Christmas overlay on the Jingle Cruise aka Jungle Cruise. When we got off they were handing out posters for the Jingle Cruise-think this was a limited time magic thing. Loved the poster and think I will have it matted and framed-super cute. Caught Mickey's Philharmagic and then headed out of the park about 4:10 for our ADR for Ohana at 0455. This was the first time we had such an early reservation for Ohana. I think it made a huge difference in the quality of food. The food was delicious-hot and fresh. I've eaten here many times and I have to say the food was the best I've had there. OMG! we were stuffed!!! We then headed back to our rooms and freshen up!

Made it to MVMCP about 730. Caught the parade which was great. I missed it last time. We stood right in front of the train station which seemed less crowded. I'm sorry to say that we stood over by Tomorrowland for the firewords and it was super crowded!!! I usually like to try and watch from Frontierland or Fantasyland but somehow we ended up in Tomorrowland. Oh well, after fireworks we made it until midnight and were able to ride many of the rides with no wait. Lots of fun!!

I've done the MVMCP twice now and think I might give it a rest next year.... We will be with a 2 year old and I don't think she can hold out long enough to justify the cost.

Great Day! But we are tired!!! LOL!

yjgirl32
12-02-2013, 08:29 AM
I was glad we did MVMCP, lots of fun. Thanks for sharing.

faline
12-02-2013, 08:39 AM
The party is so much fun - I always enjoy it when I go - especially the toy soldiers in the parade!

Perhaps that's the difference in quality of food at O'Hana's. Went to an early reservation with my daughter and enjoyed it very much. Went to a later reservation with my husband and found the food to be not as good - will have to keep that in mind!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Sounds wonderful thanks for the reports