PDA

View Full Version : Running with a Magic Band?

disneygoofball
11-25-2013, 10:41 PM
So...has anyone done this? For some reason I was thinking that maybe the Magic Band might interfere with the timing tags on the bibs. And how annoying and bulky is the band? Since the ToT 10 miler and Wine and Dine Half happened in the last month or so I'm hoping someone can weigh in on this with experience. Thanks! :mickey:

kakn7294
11-26-2013, 04:00 AM
I have no answer to this but my hubby runs at our resort everyday just for his own benefit. If the Magic Band can withstand his sweating, it would be great to send him out with it on so that I don't have to worry about being ready to answer the door when he comes back because he won't carry his KTTW card.

badkitty
11-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Good question.

They are supposed to be water-proof. I didn't want to run the W&D half with it on without a test run first, (I learned early on to never try anything "new" on race day) so I took the keycard instead. This will soon not be an option when the keycards go away. Leaving the band with a family or friend could be an option for some but I travel to races alone.

I hope someone has an answer...

lettripp
11-27-2013, 06:57 PM
I ran the Wine and Dine with my MagicBand on and had no problem - other than needing to wash it later because it was a bit smelly! :mickey:

disneygoofball
11-29-2013, 03:06 PM
I ran the Wine and Dine with my MagicBand on and had no problem - other than needing to wash it later because it was a bit smelly! :mickey:

Excellent! Thanks for the info!