PDA

View Full Version : Pop, POR, or AOA? Help!

Piglet1*
11-24-2013, 12:58 AM
We're planning a trip to WDW in the spring. It's the 1st visit for our 8 & 5 yr. old girls so I want it to be special. Wilderness Lodge was my top pick but I'm afraid it's out of our price range. So we're trying to decide between Pop Century, Port of Orleans (FQ or Riverside), and Art of Animation. AOA is a little higher since no deals apply, but it looks cute for the girls. My main concern is the wait for buses and getting back and forth to the parks. Are the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA really that far? It's Disney so I'm sure all them are great as far as themes, details, etc.:mickey: Are there other values/moderates that we should consider instead? Any advice or suggestions to help us decide would be appreciated!

Kenny1113
11-24-2013, 05:36 AM
POP is my favorite value! I have never stayed at AOA, but did visit. The decor is really cute and the main pool is a lot of fun!

LVT
11-24-2013, 08:54 AM
PoP is our favored resort too. Sometimes the rooms seem far away. The buses should be about the same for either, often standing room only.
We have only walked through AOA and it does look fun. I am sure the children will love it. If you use a travel agent, they will watch for specials. I would not tell the children which resort until you arrive. The spring specials will come out next year and you may end up at Pop or even Port Orleans Riverside.
We book in August with AAA rate and have always had something better come along for at least part of out trip. The agent takes care of it all.

Katzateer
11-24-2013, 08:57 AM
I would go with AoA - the theming and pool is great!! And the buses dont share with other resorts. If you can get a suite they are very nice but the Little Mermaid rooms are fine. For a Disney vacation with kids, I think this would be my favorite resort.

If AoA isn't within your budget, my second choice woud be POP. Lots of fun for the kids and the bus service is fine there also( resort doesn't share buses either).

PopPhan
11-24-2013, 10:05 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!!!

For the age of your children, I would suggest Art of Animation. I think they would get the biggest kick out of seeing all the figures from the Disney/Pixar movies 'larger than life'

Since Pop Century is right across the 'Generation Gap' bridge, you could get all of the look and feel of that resort as well, with just a stroll.

Also, I would strongly suggest booking through Magical Journeys. If there are any offers that become available prior to your trip, they will magically apply them for you. No fuss; No muss; No bother! They are the best!!

marlyn
11-24-2013, 11:00 AM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!!!

Also, I would strongly suggest booking through Magical Journeys. If there are any offers that become available prior to your trip, they will magically apply them for you. No fuss; No muss; No bother! They are the best!!

:thumbsup: I agree!

Lindsey310
11-24-2013, 02:32 PM
We're planning a trip to WDW in the spring. It's the 1st visit for our 8 & 5 yr. old girls so I want it to be special. Wilderness Lodge was my top pick but I'm afraid it's out of our price range. So we're trying to decide between Pop Century, Port of Orleans (FQ or Riverside), and Art of Animation. AOA is a little higher since no deals apply, but it looks cute for the girls. My main concern is the wait for buses and getting back and forth to the parks. Are the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA really that far? It's Disney so I'm sure all them are great as far as themes, details, etc.:mickey: Are there other values/moderates that we should consider instead? Any advice or suggestions to help us decide would be appreciated!

We have stayed at all 3...I don't like pop, the buses are inefficient, the food court is packed and loud and the rooms are in need of a refurb. Also the walls are paper thin and you can hear the conversation from the next room.

If you need to do a value, the LM rooms are really cute. Small and it was only my husband and myself. The food court is nice and has lots of options. The big blue pool (near Nemo) is adorable. If you stay, get building 7 or 9 which is closer to the main area. Building 8 is the farthest out. We had a car so we didn't walk to the main eating area and pool but it doesn't look like a bad walk. We don't have kids (yet!) so we can't comment on walking the distance with little ones.

POR riverside is one of my faves and we have stayed at deluxe resorts many times. How about a princess room? Really cute theming and a preferred location for a short walk to the main eating area and pool. Let us know what you decide! :mickey:

76 days!!!! :cloud9:

brownie
11-24-2013, 09:37 PM
:welcome:

Welcome to INTERCOT!

Based on your the ages of your daughters, I'd recommend looking into Art of Animation more closely. It's not that far of walk to the main building and bus stops from the Little Mermaid section.

#1donaldfan
11-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Pop is a great value, plus you can easily walk over to AoA around the hourglass lake. I really didn't like the feel of AoA as it seemed kinda hotelish to me, the way the rooms were set up. For me, I love POR, we've stayed there tons of times and each time was great !! POR is so laid back, quiet, relaxing, shaded, 5 pools to choose from, great food court, a TS eatery, the boat to DtD is a perk.....just can't go wrong with this Moderate.......:mickey: