PDA

View Full Version : Visit to the ER....more pixies please

Disney4us2
11-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Thanks to all for the pixies.

I did follow up and went to the ER early this afternoon. I was given a cardiac and pulmonary work up. Lungs are clear for embolus..:thumbsup: I had another EKG, they also did a chest Xray, blood work and a CAT scan of the chest.

However.... my blood results came back with high cardiac enzymes. That shows that I did have a recent MI. They wanted to admit me just as I thought. There are certain tests that they do not do in the ER like an Echocardiogram. I had to sign an AMA papers to be released. I was given the names of primary care and cardiologists. I will call them on Monday. Hopefully I can get this all done as an outpatient.

Terrible end to a very horrible year. Please keep the prayers and pixies coming.

badkitty
11-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Hang in there Marci. I'm sorry you have to go through all this. I'm sending out lots more prayers and pixie dust.

VWL Mom
11-24-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm sorry Marci :hug: Try to remain positive!

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

kakn7294
11-24-2013, 04:30 PM
As a cardiac nurse, I really wish you would have stayed in the hospital! As a mom, I know that you can't leave your daughter home alone. It's a tough spot.

I don't know what your local cardiologists and hospital are like, but try to make pre-arrangements for someone to care for your daughter in the event that they would like to do a heart cath and possible intervention (angioplasty and / or stenting). Many of our patients stay overnight for that, especially if they have suffered a heart attack.

I also don't know what the health care laws are like in Florida, and I don't want to worry you any further but I do know that here in PA, if you sign out AMA, your insurance company can deny paying for ANY of you bill.

Good luck and pixie dust to you in getting it all sorted out and getting healthy again!

Katzateer
11-24-2013, 07:24 PM
:tink::tink::pixie: Hope things look better soon!

cer
11-24-2013, 07:38 PM
I am so sorry. Please take care. Praying for healing and whatever help you may need. :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
11-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Thinking good thoughts for you and Jessica, Marci.

TheDuckRocks
11-25-2013, 09:07 AM
My prayers and thoughts are with you Marci. Wish I lived closer and could help you.

princessgirls
11-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Marci,

Prayers for healing for you. Not good news at all. Take care of yourself. I am thankful that you are moved in and getting settled, and that is behind you.

Blessings my friend!
Julie:mickey:

Disney4us2
11-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Talked with my brother and sil the past couple of days.

My brother is flying in tomorrow. We come back to our place for a quick dinner and then it is back to the ER...UGH.

I am cooking our turkey now for tomorrow night.. heat and eat style Thanksgiving. I am hoping to be out by Thanksgiving, but I don't think that will happen.

What a way to spend our first Florida Thanksgiving. Glad Jessica is off on Thanksgiving break to spend time with her uncle and take care of Ginger.:puppy:

Tiggerlovr9000
11-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Very glad to hear that your brother is able to fly in and help out. Hope you feel better soon. Happy thanksgiving!!!!

MNNHFLTX
11-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Yes, glad to hear that you'll have backup, at least over the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm sure the stress of the past year is not helping with your medical issues.

On a side note, Marci, I just want to reassure you that leaving AMA shouldn't affect any insurance coverage, including Medicare or Medicaid. As a patient you always have the right to decline diagnostic testing or treatments and to leave a medical facility, if that's what you want to do. (I used to think this too until I started dealing with insurance coverage as part of my job.) :)

disneymom15
11-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Keeping you and Jessica in my thoughts.

VWL Mom
11-25-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm glad you decided to reach out to your brother and he'll be there for Jessica. I agree with Beth, the stress of all you've been through hasn't been easy.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Melanie
11-25-2013, 05:04 PM
So glad you'll have help and can get the care you need, Marci. Positive thoughts and best wishes for a quick resolution.

disney obsessed
11-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Thank heaven for a solution. I have been worrying about you.

kakn7294
11-25-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm glad to hear that you have a backup plan in place! Good luck!

Disney4us2
11-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Back to the ER. Had a nicedinner with my brother and DD. Looks like I will be admitted. So glaf my brother is herr.

princessgirls
11-27-2013, 12:28 PM
You need to get healthy and strong to be the best mom to Jessica. So glad your brother could come out and care for your daughter while you focus on your health.

Julie:mickey:

Disney4us2
11-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Had a echocardiogram this morning. No real results yet. My potassium was very low as well as having pre hypertension. Per the nurse, that could be what is causing the symptoms. So far no heart attack.

SBETigg
11-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Still thinking of you, Marci. Extra pixie dust and prayers.

:pixie:

kakn7294
11-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Had a echocardiogram this morning. No real results yet. My potassium was very low as well as having pre hypertension. Per the nurse, that could be what is causing the symptoms. So far no heart attack.

Yes, low potassium can cause those symptoms. Here's hoping that's all that's going on and that potassium supplements and occasional blood tests will be all that's needed!

BrerGnat
11-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Sounds like positive news. Hope everything gets figured out soon and nothing is seriously wrong.