PDA

View Full Version : Poly Nov 16th - 21st - Day 3

DisneyBarb
11-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Who - Me, OCD planner!
DH - converted hubby of 25 years
DD - Celebrating 18th birthday (next week)
DS - Mini me (15) who has the same Disney passion that I do.

Where - Poly
How - JetBlue

After a restful night, we are up at 6:30 for a 7:30 ADRs at Chef Mickeys!

A note about another early a.m. there was a little grumbling about the early start, but the motto of our family is "Barb knows Disney" and I assured them all that we could rest in the afternoon and its nice to be up early and avoid crowds!

Quick monorail ride to Chef Mickeys, no line at the podium, pass on the picture and we are seated within a few minutes. I suggested that this year we forgo Chef Mickeys and try another but I was firmly out voted! Who am I to ruin a tradition?
Food was good, but glad we used a seat down credit, as it as expensive as dinner has been.
Characters were great, Donald kissed my hand and loved that my husband had the same first name (although he does not go by it, but we didn't share that!). Again, the paying took a little while but we on the monorail to TTC by 8:30 or so.

The kids LOVED watching the little girl next to us going crazy over the characters, so cute!!

We also saw a lost boy talking to the monorail operator on the platform, he was probably around 8, the cast member was doing a very good job with keeping him calm, while on the phone at the same time. I just kept thinking those poor parents! How scary.

Off to Epcot we had FP to TT and Soarin and Mission Space. This was a first time with the new TT and we just didn't love it. We really missed the old queue area and the different parts of the ride. As far as "designing' our car, we just felt it was kind of silly. As my son said I just want to ride, not think!" Of course we all still love the last part of the ride but we never went on again.

Soarin was great, the regular line was about 60 minutes. DH loves "The Land" so we did that, I really would like to live in that Farmhouse!

It was hot today (85 and a bit humid) and Epcot is a park that can just be so tiring when your hot. We went to Club cool and enjoy the new flavors. Off to Norway, and Mexico. We decided to head back and the girls laid by the pool, while the guys stayed in the a/c. We did manage to find our way into the bakery in Norway on our way out!:secret:

I reminded the kids how nice it was that we got on everything we wanted to by getting up early and still had some downtime.

We had ADRs at 7:30 at Liberty Tavern at MK. We left the Poly around 5 and strolled down Main Street. We had some pictures taken (there were lines) and then went on the "Jingle Cruise", great cast member but besides the few Christmas jokes it wasn't much different (I think we expected to see Santa Hats on the elephants or something!). 25 minute wait, went quick.

Made it to PoC and Johnny Depp was missing at the beginning of the drop. Still an old favorite.

We had a terrific meal at Liberty Tavern, everyone was in a jovial mood and we laughed a lot! Didn't get to see Main Street Electrical but told the kids how the second time we came to Disney (they were 7 and 9 ish), they were waiting for the parade (at this time it was Spectro magic) and they heard the music and they just hugged each other they were so excited! Hard to believe we haven't seen it in a couple of visits. They loved that story. They get along like typical siblings!

DD and I wanted to see fireworks but weren't allowed to go toward Main Street so we stayed near Peter Pan while the boys went to Buzz Lightyear. After that the kids and I stayed for EMH and sent DH (Patriots were playing) on his way. It was nice that we could walk all the way through the castle, its been awhile since the front entrance hasn't been blocked off. My DD got some good pictures. In the meantime, I'm sneaking looks on my phone for the score!

Staying for EMH at MK is a tradition with the kids and I, we got on TMR, SM and went to Splash, very disappointed to find out they no longer run during EMH (I guess Barb doesnt' know Disney as much as I think!). They said it has been that way for about a year. The kids were very disappointed as they always ride it time after time during EMH. We decided to head back to the Poly before the park closed.

We took the boat since the monorail had stopped running by now. Met some fellow Patriots fans on the boat (the Monday game just ended) and told one person how great Magical Journeys is. They had a lot of stress trying to get free dining through AAA (never got it, had to cancel and rebook through Disney).

Overall thoughts

It is so hard to get up early but it really does pay off. We couldn't get on Soarin again and TT was a long but doable line if we wanted to do it again without FP.

EMH was a bit more crowded then usual but overall it was good. We did do Philmagic and HM. Splash was a huge disappointment to be down and I blame myself for not knowing that.

I enjoyed the boat ride back, it was crowded but it was a beautiful night!

I thought it was somewhat humorous when I (wearing a Pats jersey) went by a Carolina fan (they were playing each other at that moment), that clearly did not want to engage in a conversation (we were standing in line near each other). I just said something like missing a good game huh? and he pretty much gave me a one word answer and body lanuage like, don't bug me!. We are at Disney right? The happiest place on earth? and his team was and did win! Okay, off my soapbox!

We can sleep in tomorrow, so everyone is happy!

yjgirl32
11-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Great report. Thanks for sharing.

faline
11-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Not a big fan of the Test Track changes either. You certainly cover lots of ground during your Disney days!!

KylesMom
12-03-2013, 12:19 PM
We are an "early to rise" family also, so I totally understand the method to your madness of setting that alarm.

While the price of Chef Mickey's has gotten pretty ridiculous for breakfast, it is always a traditional must do for us too. :mickey: Great day at Epcot with a nice leisurely rest in before heading back to MK and the yummy food at Liberty Tree.

With the absence of attractions such as Splash during evening EMH, coupled with the monorail takeaway, I imagine it felt a bit different than in years past. Still glad you got your time in with the kids as tradition dictates. Thanks for sharing yet another great day with us! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-06-2013, 01:38 PM
We get up early too. Thanks for the report