PDA

View Full Version : Overbooked during Holiday time

DANAM
11-21-2013, 07:12 PM
I am wondering what do they do with over booked rooms. We are checking in 12/28 and will be arriving after 7pm. We are staying at AoA in Mermaid rooms not suites. My DH's coworker said he was upgraded during holiday time because of overbookings. But my concern is where would they put us? They surely wouldn't give us a suite for 9 days. Would they send you to different hotel? But if we went over to Pop would they give me a refund for the difference in price? I wasnt sure if anyone had this happen during this time of the year or if it is at all possible.

faline
11-21-2013, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't count on getting anything other than the room you paid for. If Disney does overbook and moves folks to another room, it would like be an upgrade from what you had booked.

DANAM
11-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Okay so they wouldn't put us at the All Stars because there isn't a standard room available at AoA? We really want to stay at AoA. I don't want to be shifted to a different hotel. But I didn't realize overbooking could be an issue.

gottaluvtink
11-21-2013, 09:49 PM
We have been upgraded from the All Star Sports to the Contemporary, and from All Star Movies to Saratoga Springs. Honestly, I will take the All Stars any day over Saratoga Springs. It was awful!

faline
11-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Honestly, I will take the All Stars any day over Saratoga Springs. It was awful!

I guess we all have different tastes. We stayed at Saratoga last year and enjoyed it quite a lot. The grounds were quite beautiful. And, once we got the layout, nothing was really too far away from where we stayed. It was also quite easy to walk over to Downtown Disney. We also had a lovely meal at the on-site restaurant which we were able to walk into without a reservation.

Mitzie
11-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Last April we were upgraded from Coronado to WL..we had two rooms booked..2 adults 4 kids..not sure why the upgrade but it was nice.

Ms. Mode
11-22-2013, 11:14 AM
We got an upgrade once at POP to a prefered room, it was nice. I'll take any upgrade they want to give me.... :blush:

gottaluvtink
11-24-2013, 07:45 PM
I guess we all have different tastes. We stayed at Saratoga last year and enjoyed it quite a lot. The grounds were quite beautiful. And, once we got the layout, nothing was really too far away from where we stayed. It was also quite easy to walk over to Downtown Disney. We also had a lovely meal at the on-site restaurant which we were able to walk into without a reservation.

The grounds were nice but the room we had was horrific. It looked like an old ladies room. We had a pull out sofa, and it had an awful mattress. I felt like I was on a remote island. We never even saw another person while we were there. We actually requested to go back to a value resort. We were so far from the main building, we would have needed to take a bus to get there. I wanted to be at Disney, not on a remote vacation. I enjoy the hub bub, the theming, the people, and the capability to be close to the main building. I didn't get any of that at Saratoga Springs.