PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass+ is way worse than I thought...

BrerSchultzy
11-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Okay, so we're here now. I heard all the stuff about FP+, but I'm a fanatic, so I gave Disney the benefit of the doubt.

I was so very, very wrong.

Nevermind the fact that my wife and I don't have smart phones. Nevermind the fact that the hotel Wi-Fi on property is so slow that it takes 2 hours each night to get FP+.

We only get 3 a day....and apparently not for EVERY day we're on property.

We are at POP Century, and we only have Magic Bands. No key cards. With FP+, you CANNOT get FPs in the parks. It has to be done at Guest Services using one of their iPads, or online. A HUUUUUUGE inconvenience for non-techy people with small children.

And, I just tried to get FPs for our FOURTH day in the park, and the website said we have exceeded our limits for this trip. Mind you, we didn't use the ones in Epcot, because the selections there are ridiculous....we had to choose EITHER Soarin, Test Track, or Meet Mickey...you can only get ONE of those. Then you can pick two of the rest of the "attractions" that Epcot has to offer.

So, I tried to contact help online. Good luck with that. I tried to call the number. Nope. I went down to the guest services desk at Pop. They had no idea what was going on. Literally. THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A LIMIT!!!

Honestly, if they go with the system as-is...I won't be returning until my children are much older....and I am a complete fan-boy/fanatic. I went to see "Home On The Range"...that's how much I love this company. My wife and I have literally cried about this. But FP+ is a deal-breaker. The lines are awful, and we can't see our favorite attractions more than once per day. They are forcing us all to vacation the exact same way as everyone else, with no regard to experience or dedication. It stinks.

mickclub1955
11-19-2013, 11:17 PM
There are kiosks set up in the parks for FP+ if I am not mistaken because they are using them for the test of the Swan/Dolphin resorts. The Epcot and Studio restrictions have been in effect for a couple of weeks now also. They have been discussed to no end on this board. Sorry you missed that discussion. There has been an issue with the FP+ saying that you have exceeded your limit. That has been discussed here as well. You have to go out and go back in (that is what I did) and it should allow you to pick FP's for that day. I hope that things get better for you. I do recommend that you check out the fp kiosks at the entrance or guest services at each park. They also have one at the back entrance to Epcot.

BrerSchultzy
11-19-2013, 11:44 PM
You cannot make changes at those kiosks unless there is an attendant with an iPad. Apparently that is a new thing as of this week. The kiosks are only there to serve as reminders. Seriously. We've been through all of this. And I did follow the discussions...and I did "go out and come back in". Still nothing. I called guest service. They informed me that I may have made too many changes on the day of my visit.

And yes, the restrictions have been discussed ad nauseum, but until this week, nobody knew for a fact that you could ONLY use FP+. I got the impression that we could also get FPs in the parks, which we can't. In fact, well over half the cast members I spoke to, INCLUDING THOSE AT THE FP+ KIOSK, did not know that. This whole thing is a mess. Period.

AgentC
11-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Sorry Fast Pass + is making you miserable. Unfortunately you have the bad luck of being at Pop Century the first week they went to Magic bands only. I think it started the 14th so I'm really not surprised that there is conflicting information and problems. None of the other resorts have gone to bands only yet.

I've also seen other reports that it is busier than usual this time of year.

I hope your trip improves.

missymouseworld
11-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Unfortunately, this doesn't make me feel too confident that our upcoming June vacation will be smooth sailing. I understand that the "kinks" have to be worked out, but after reading all the posts regarding this rollout, and following along with members trip reports, there are more negative responses than positive.

I am not sure if this question has been answered and I understand this correctly, but if I have a room only reservation and plan on purchasing park tickets upon our arrival at the resort, I will not be able to plan our Fastpasses until I arrive at the park? ....and this will be done at a park kiosk unless we have a smartphone?

Tekneek
11-20-2013, 10:21 AM
It should be invisible to the guest that this is a brand new program, if guest service was actually something Disney still cared about.

Kenny1113
11-20-2013, 10:40 AM
You cannot make changes at those kiosks unless there is an attendant with an iPad. Apparently that is a new thing as of this week. The kiosks are only there to serve as reminders. Seriously. We've been through all of this. And I did follow the discussions...and I did "go out and come back in". Still nothing. I called guest service. They informed me that I may have made too many changes on the day of my visit.

And yes, the restrictions have been discussed ad nauseum, but until this week, nobody knew for a fact that you could ONLY use FP+. I got the impression that we could also get FPs in the parks, which we can't. In fact, well over half the cast members I spoke to, INCLUDING THOSE AT THE FP+ KIOSK, did not know that. This whole thing is a mess. Period.

Thought it was just our group that the kiosk didn't work for. Glad to know it wasn't. Sorry you are having a rough go at it. :(

gottaluvtink
11-20-2013, 10:51 AM
We are going in January, and I am sad to say, that I can't just be excited for the trip. I have to wonder if the whole thing is going to be a fiasco. I sure wish they had stuck with the good old paper fast passes. That was so simple to navigate.

cer
11-20-2013, 11:18 AM
"Honestly, if they go with the system as-is...I won't be returning until my children are much older....and I am a complete fan-boy/fanatic. I went to see "Home On The Range"...that's how much I love this company. "

I am so sorry that FastPass+ is not working for your family. We are going to be there in January and I am having anxiety about the quality of our trip as well.

I love this quote from your original post. It made my day and you are a SUPER FAN! :number1:

cer
11-20-2013, 11:20 AM
It should be invisible to the guest that this is a brand new program...

True.

cuteduck223
11-20-2013, 11:29 AM
I read somewhere that if you go to a FastPass attendant, (maybe at the attraction entrance) and tell them you are at POP, they are issuing FP cards to be used in the machines...apparently its only for the complainers..since they're trying to eliminate the paper passes completely. But its worth a try if you're still there.

Crow
11-20-2013, 12:56 PM
sorry you are having trouble...I arrive the 30th and am wondering what I am gonna run into. esp since I don't have FP picked yet and the 2nd person going is not sure if they are going to get an Florida AP and the original 2nd person on the room is not going, so I asked about changing the name and haven't gotten a response from Disney via email.
and im staying at 3 diff places so have 3 sets of bands...

azcavalier
11-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Wow. This makes me glad that we're not going back for a while. Usually, we'd be getting back about now, but we went early this year. But we're not going at all in 2014, because we'll be going with family that probably won't be able to go until 2015. I'm sure hoping that they've fixed the system by then!

TheVBs
11-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Really sorry about how your trip is going. :( That is such a shame. I hope things improve before you leave.

minnie04
11-20-2013, 04:45 PM
WOW!! This really stinks and frankly there is nothing you can do about it, but "complain" I would be so angry. If I was getting the run around when I spent god knows how much money to come to WDW and all I’m getting is a headache...not cool Disney!!! They should have never tried this system out on the paying customers until it was up and running the right way. They could and should have done dry runs with employees to see how it was going to work first... Something needs to change and fast or a lot of loyal customers are going to choose other vacations.. :ack:

NJGIRL
11-20-2013, 05:51 PM
I feel your pain. We were there in October and it was the most stressful vacation I have EVER taken. I love Disney but won't be back until this all gets ironed out and I start hearing favorable reports on the boards.

If the system stays as it is, I don't think I am going back because the new FP+ system IS effecting the regular lines also.

Unless you have been there since this new system started you can not understand how this has affected ALL guests, whether using FP+ or not.

buzznwoodysmom
11-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Sigh!!!!

Not what I want to hear when we are arriving in a few days with a large group that includes many first timers. I have this vision in my head that everything that can go wrong does go wrong and our first timers are going to look at us like we are crazy for all the trips we've taken in the past. LOL. They have already expressed how expensive they think this Disney trip is to them. Yikes!

Hope for the best, expect the worst......I guess that's how we will go into it. I have been mentally preparing myself for all that I've been reading about and I've decided to try my very best to not let any of it ruin the trip.

To the OP, sorry your trip is not going well. I do hope things look up for you. I can imagine how disappointed you must be, I would feel the same way.

This is the first time EVER that I am glad we have no plans to return to WDW next year. We had planned to take the year off because of other vacation plans, but I can't say we are bummed about it at this point. I really think we need the break anyway, and all this "testing" definitely makes me want to wait to see how everything turns out once the dust has settled.

buzznwoodysmom
11-20-2013, 05:53 PM
It should be invisible to the guest that this is a brand new program, if guest service was actually something Disney still cared about.

I agree 100%. When customers/guests are still paying a premium for their vacation any new system/program should be as close to invisible as possible. This is just a mess!

1DisneyNut
11-20-2013, 06:12 PM
I love Disney but won't be back until this all gets ironed out and I start hearing favorable reports on the boards.

If the system stays as it is, I don't think I am going back because the new FP+ system IS effecting the regular lines also.

This is the first time EVER that I am glad we have no plans to return to WDW next year. We had planned to take the year off because of other vacation plans, but I can't say we are bummed about it at this point. I really think we need the break anyway, and all this "testing" definitely makes me want to wait to see how everything turns out once the dust has settled.

I agree 100%. When customers/guests are still paying a premium for their vacation any new system/program should be as close to invisible as possible. This is just a mess!

I completely agree with the above statements. This system is a complete mess and is alienating a lot of guests.

This system should have been tested and been far more mature before it was turned loose on the guests. At it's current state right now today, it should still be in development testing behind the scenes.

We are all basically paying big money to go to WDW and be beta testers and we aren't getting any benefit......in actuality it is making the experience far less enjoyable.

I am not even looking at planning a trip right now and I schedule/plan a year in advance so I know for sure we aren't going next year and it is starting to look like 2015 is out as well.

chefmickey3
11-20-2013, 06:15 PM
I am sorry you are stressed out. I would definitely say something now - ask a manager if they can give you some vouchers that act like fastpasses. Not sure if they can still do this - we have gotten them at various times when things were less than magical. It always pays to speak up and then speak up again. They want all visitors to have a magical time but I imagine even the cast members must be frustrated with this roll out.

I would also email when you get home - they respond to every email. Not that you want to go back, but they could offer you something to restore the magic the next time. I emailed about fastpass+ and the fact that we are not taking our normal two week trip this summer for the first time in over 10 years. We instead will be staying with family in Arizona and getting a Disney fix in CA away from FP+. We definitely would have spent more money in FL and I wanted them to know that we are a loyal customer taking our cash elsewhere. I received a phone call from a customer service rep who was great and listened and passed on my concerns about the new system. Maybe if everyone with concerns emailed they would reconsider this disaster of a program.

I have tried to find positives and do hope for the best but am not willing to risk my vacation. I feel really bad for people with trips scheduled in the next few months.

buzznwoodysmom
11-20-2013, 06:28 PM
We are all basically paying big money to go to WDW and be beta testers and we aren't getting any benefit......in actuality it is making the experience far less enjoyable.

This is how I feel as well. We aren't even there yet, but just the planning for this trip has been a pain in the you know what. And I normally love planning our Disney trips.

Way back when we booked this trip and made all our ADRs we thought we were all set. With the FP+ rollout I have spent countless hours online, and on the phone having IT problems fixed just to get FP+ for rides. The system keeps losing reservations or guests and each phone call to fix things has taken close to 2 hours. We have 5 rooms booked and 3 of those rooms have had several problems which took an hour or two long phone call to get things fixed. The planning has turned into so much work it is no longer any fun.

Then to think you get to the parks and all that planning was for nothing when "glitches" happen. And from a lot of what I am reading there isn't always a favorable solution to these glitches, your simply out of luck if FP is gone for the day. Disney should have given very deep discounts to their guests during this testing phase.

I just hope all my worrying turns out for nothing. I am still holding out hope for a decent trip!

WiltonJohn
11-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Everyone going can list a new item on their resume';

Systems Beta Tester........... Walt Disney World
....................................Lake Buena Vista, FL

:thedolls:

best,

................john

cer
11-21-2013, 02:10 PM
Everyone going can list a new item on their resume';

Systems Beta Tester........... Walt Disney World
....................................Lake Buena Vista, FL

:thedolls:

best,

................john

I like it! :thumbsup:

Mitzie
11-26-2013, 09:36 AM
I guess we are sooo in the minority here. We were at WDW the end of Oct at AKL. Booked FP+ prior to our trip and it all worked like a dream. My father has had both hip replaced and under the old system of FP racing to the attraction to get the old paper tickets would of been difficult. Yes I am a planner and planning FP+ a ways out from my trip is right up my alley. We know we want to go to park____and we know we want to ride___. So planning that in advance was nice. We thought we wouldn't like wearing the bands..nope..not a problem, you barely noticed them. We were at Epcot prior to the new policy of only one big attraction and then two smaller ones kind of thing..I can't say I like that idea real well but if they are trying to make it easier for people not staying on property I am ok with it so everyone has a fair shot at have a good trip. I guess I look at the whole thing as a work in progress. Will there be glitches..ya...are we giving up on our favorite travel destination..na. I hope that they get this fixed to all of your satisfaction..I miss all of you who shared in our love of WDW. All the post any more are so negative and so many of you seem upset. I still stand by the idea of a bad day with the most messed up FP+ system is still better than a day at home(we are looking at up to a foot of lake effect snow tonight so ya I would rather be at WDW) .

Nekochan
11-26-2013, 07:03 PM
I sent an email already (my visit isn't until January) saying that limiting me to 3 FP a day makes me want to stay off property - that I don't see any advantage to staying on property since I don't like the Morning EMH and the evening EMH won't be that big a loss to me.

twinboyz
11-27-2013, 03:02 PM
We were there in early October this year. We had some non-expiration passes that couldn't be linked to our magic bands. CM's told us to try Guest Relations in the park(after trying to fix them for 45 min at the front desk). At Guest Relations in EPCOT the line was about 25 deep so we passed on trying to help them figure out their system. We had to go back to the front desk twice because the bands wouldn't open our door. Once because I couldn't charge to the room as I was supposed to be able to. Anything and everything the band was supposed to do.. it didn't do. Also, didn't get to utilize the fastpass + because the park tix couldn't be linked.

We were lucky to still have our key cards. We didn't have to use our bands for anything except Magical Express.

I can say it was disheartening:( as I was excited to utilize this new system(somewhat).

Our next trip is already scheduled and I hope they get the kinks somewhat worked out. We're only going to one park and spending the rest of the days at Clearwater and Discovery Cove/SeaWorld. First time in ten years we won't be spending all of our $$ on Disney grounds. I know we're one family and it won't impact them, but I'd have to think it will until they can make this a friendlier transition.

Sorry to complain and hop on this bandwagon but I feel your frustration. I love Disney.. always have.. always will.. We wouldn't have bought DVC if we weren't true Disney fanatics.:mickey:

cer
11-27-2013, 03:18 PM
We were there in early October this year. We had some non-expiration passes that couldn't be linked to our magic bands. CM's told us to try Guest Relations in the park(after trying to fix them for 45 min at the front desk). At Guest Relations in EPCOT the line was about 25 deep so we passed on trying to help them figure out their system. We had to go back to the front desk twice because the bands wouldn't open our door. Once because I couldn't charge to the room as I was supposed to be able to. Anything and everything the band was supposed to do.. it didn't do. Also, didn't get to utilize the fastpass + because the park tix couldn't be linked.

We were lucky to still have our key cards. We didn't have to use our bands for anything except Magical Express.

I can say it was disheartening:( as I was excited to utilize this new system(somewhat).

I really was resigned to say the only problem with the Magic Band program was the Fastpass + part of it, and then I read a post like yours and nothing was working as it should have and then so many others were having problems that it was easier to just pass up the line that was 25 folks deep than try to get it fixed. That is just terrible.

Concerned.

twinboyz
11-27-2013, 04:28 PM
I really was resigned to say the only problem with the Magic Band program was the Fastpass + part of it, and then I read a post like yours and nothing was working as it should have and then so many others were having problems that it was easier to just pass up the line that was 25 folks deep than try to get it fixed. That is just terrible.

Concerned.

Yes it was easier to pass up a line. Sorry you think it's terrible. We only had a few days on vacation and we had already spent 5+ hours trying to get things fixed. I feel we gave it our all and I didn't want to spend more time trying to fix it. We had been re-directed to four places with Guest Relations being the last. By that time, I felt no one knew how to fix it or where to go. I don't think it's terrible. I think we made the best of bad situation and enjoyed the rest of our trip. I knew the magic bands were in testing and at least 10 people were involved with trying to link our bands. The CM's knew the problem, but no one knew how to fix it so they kept sending us to other places.

I'm glad so many other enjoyed the use of the magic bands and it worked for them. I've heard many good things about them.

cer
11-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Yes it was easier to pass up a line. Sorry you think it's terrible. We only had a few days on vacation and we had already spent 5+ hours trying to get things fixed. I feel we gave it our all and I didn't want to spend more time trying to fix it. We had been re-directed to four places with Guest Relations being the last. By that time, I felt no one knew how to fix it or where to go. I don't think it's terrible. I think we made the best of bad situation and enjoyed the rest of our trip. I knew the magic bands were in testing and at least 10 people were involved with trying to link our bands. The CM's knew the problem, but no one knew how to fix it so they kept sending us to other places.

I'm glad so many other enjoyed the use of the magic bands and it worked for them. I've heard many good things about them.

I think you were absolutely right in passing up the line, I think it is terrible that they were so overrun with problems they could not take care of you. It is terrible when the people on the front line can't fix it. I just feel like your situation should never have happened.

The problems that guests are experiencing (in my opinion) should have been worked out long before it ever came to the testing phase.

I am very glad they provided you with cards so you could circumvent the system when it failed you.

And most importantly I am glad you had a great time despite it. :mickey: