PDA

View Full Version : Billings Montana to Keystone SD

NJGIRL
11-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Has anyone ever driven from the Billings Montana Airport to Keystone SD.

It looks like it is less than a 5 hour drive. How is the drive. Is there anything on the way like places to eat, shop, get gas, or use the restroom?

Altair
11-19-2013, 08:14 PM
It's all Interstate, the towns are just a bit farther apart than you might be used to.
Little Bighorn Battlefield and Devil's Tower are on the way. This isn't a winter trip, is it?

dnickels
11-19-2013, 08:49 PM
I've driven it via I-90 a bunch of times, most recently over Labor Day weekend and while things are certainly further apart than they are back out east there are plenty of places to stop and get gas or take breaks as long as you're not the type to wait until the 'low gas' light comes on. Lots of dry high plains scenery that certainly has its own beauty.

I'd echo both the same side trips to Devil's Tower (definitely worth it) and the Little Bighorn Battlefield (if you're a history buff).

NJGIRL
11-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Dave...No lol. It will be in July or August.

Thank you both for the advice!

We drove from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon & from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone so we are OK with things being spread apart but I just wanted to make sure there were stops along the way.

Scott C
12-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Google Newton fork ranch --- it was great

Thanks
Scott