PDA

View Full Version : At Poly now, crowded!

DisneyBarb
11-19-2013, 03:55 PM
We have been here since Saturday, weather very warm for Nov, but dry. Crowds are larger then previous years at this time. For example, last trip this week of November we never got a Fastpass. This is not the case this trip. Have a love hate relationship with Fastpass +. Poly has been good, we are in Tolelau and construction has not bothered us.

Strmchsr
11-19-2013, 04:49 PM
weather very warm for Nov, but dry.

Actually, the "normal" high for this time of the year is 78 and it's been right around that, plus or minus a couple of degrees depending on the day. Today was 77. No unseasonably warm temps this year. But, if you're used to New England weather, I suppose it can feel pretty warm, even though it feels quite comfortable to us after the summer.

The larger than normal crowds seem to be year round now. As I mentioned in another thread, October was crazier than I've ever seen it and the FP+ isn't helping.

andypooh
11-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Just curious why the FP+ would be affecting the crowds?

faline
11-19-2013, 06:58 PM
I've been lots of reports where people are commenting on high crowds. Disney's theme park profits must be up!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the update

Kenny1113
11-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Sat was wet for us in am and early afternoon.

We definitely saw an increase in crowds on Sun vs Friday and Sat.

DisneyBarb
11-19-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm looking forward to sharing a more detail trip report when I return! I will say Chris that you were spot on with your forecast!! It was 85 yesterday and Sunday. i should have said it has been the warmest that we have experienced personally on our many November trips. I can't remember a trip we haven't had a sweatshirt one or 2 times. All shorts this time but no ponchos!! All in all still a good time!!

vizsla
11-20-2013, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

Strmchsr
11-20-2013, 07:57 AM
Just curious why the FP+ would be affecting the crowds?

FP+ is impacting wait times. The magic bands are making the FP line move MUCH slower because everyone has to scan their band so it can take quite a while to get through the turnstile. Then with the very limited number of fastpasses you can get now the standby lines are much bigger.

andypooh
11-20-2013, 11:35 AM
So there are less overall FPs available now than there were in the past?

Strmchsr
11-20-2013, 11:41 AM
So there are less overall FPs available now than there were in the past?

Right because with the new system you can only get 3 per day which means a LOT more standing in standby lines (I used to ger 5-6 FP each day). And now at DHS and Epcot you can get a FP for Soarin OR Test Track, but not both. Or Rock n Rollar Coaster OR Toy Story, but not both. So a lot more folks in the standby. They also have FP lines now at things like POTC that don't need a FP line, but that means everyone has to go through one side for standby, which, again, makes lines a lot longer.

cer
11-20-2013, 01:08 PM
They also have FP lines now at things like POTC that don't need a FP line, but that means everyone has to go through one side for standby, which, again, makes lines a lot longer.

Man, I had not even thought about this part.

Sad.

DisneyBarb
11-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Last night (tues) crowds were much better. Splash was stated at 15 but about 5. At studios we had passes for ToT and rockin roller coaster did not need them but used them walked on again. The only disappointment was not getting TSM when I tried at 10 am on my phone.

mouseketeer mom
11-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Actually, the "normal" high for this time of the year is 78 and it's been right around that, plus or minus a couple of degrees depending on the day. Today was 77. No unseasonably warm temps this year. But, if you're used to New England weather, I suppose it can feel pretty warm, even though it feels quite comfortable to us after the summer.

The larger than normal crowds seem to be year round now. As I mentioned in another thread, October was crazier than I've ever seen it and the FP+ isn't helping.

We were there last month, an early October week, and it was MOBBED. Simply mobbed. We kept saying "who are all these people"???? Husbands business brought us there, and we were thankful we have seen it all, and done it all so many times before, or it would have been an exercise in frustration. It feels like that each and every trip now. We reminisced about our very early trips when we would literally do anything we wanted most any visit without fastpasses or insane lines. Ugh.