PDA

View Full Version : Radio City for Christmas 'Kicks'!!

rkmemkc
11-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Good afternoon all!
We are booked on a 3 day trip to NYC and already have tix to Radio City Christmas Spectacular :santa:. The cast is DM 70, DS 51, Me 46 and DD 10. We are staying at The Belvedere on W 48th Street. I have lots of questions since I have never stayed overnight in NYC, just quick visits years ago. I am not sure what is the normal plan of action. We have a concierge at the hotel, would this be the best way to get a cab? How much do you tip them? Is walking the way to go around town, the blocks look pretty long on the maps! Any other advice on must do's while there and must don'ts as well...lol.
Thank you very much!!
:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
11-18-2013, 06:01 PM
I have no suggestions, but OH how this is a dream of mine!!! I hope you have a fantastic time. And I would love to read a trip report about it. ;)

rkmemkc
11-18-2013, 08:44 PM
I hope you have a fantastic time. And I would love to read a trip report about it. ;)

Thank you and I will report back.
I have never been, our mom is taking us as a gift. Although it seems a bit overwhelming, I am such a planner, WDW has trained me well! I will follow up with a trip report of what I learned. :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
11-18-2013, 09:32 PM
Thank you and I will report back.
I have never been, our mom is taking us as a gift. Although it seems a bit overwhelming, I am such a planner, WDW has trained me well! I will follow up with a trip report of what I learned. :thumbsup:

We visited NYC for the first time this summer and we mostly walked. The blocks weren't too long. We did use the subway too, which was easier than I expected, but a bit pricier than I expected. I really want to go back one day,and the holidays would be my pick of times to visit. I have always loved the big tree at Rockefeller Center. Would be amazing to see it in person. Can't wait to hear how your trip goes!

Katzateer
11-18-2013, 10:09 PM
Walking is a lot better- talking a taxi in Times Square area is not worth it. The traffic is very heavy and moves very slow. Quicker to walk! And the blocks aren't long. Just have a good map and mark all the places you want to go to. I can get very turned around if I don't have street map to help. Have a great time!:thumbsup:

another tink
11-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Hi:

A group of friends and myself stayed at the Belvedere about 10 yrs ago. Really enjoyed it because of its location. We walked to Central Park and back one day with no problem and I have a problem with walking and I have COPD. We walked to Time Square, Rockefeller Square. I'm sure you will enjoy the location.
:thumbsup:

rkmemkc
11-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Thank you all very much! I will have map in hand and enjoy the city!! :D

DisneyFan1979
11-27-2013, 11:38 AM
If you choose to take a cab, most NYC hotels have a bellman outside the front entrance--they can hail a cab for you. Or hailing a cab is super easy yourself, just head to the curb and put your hand up when you see a cab that has its light on (that means it's available). I sometimes manage to save a buck or two on cab fare by walking to the nearest street that's going in the same direction I'm headed.

I'm seeing the Rockettes this year myself with my family on Christmas Day! We're doing 2 nights in the city for Christmas.