PDA

View Full Version : When do they give link to magic bands?

marlyn
11-17-2013, 01:00 PM
How far in advance can you customize and order magic bands? I understand you can pick your FP+ 60 days out, but when would I expect to find the link for my magic bands?
I'm not going until the summer so I have lots of time. Just curious.

faline
11-17-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure exactly how far in front of our trip it was but, one day, when I signed into the My Magic Experience site, I got a popup saying I could customize my bands. It also provided the date by which the bands would need to be customized. Once I reached that date, I received a message that the bands were being customized. They shipped a day or two later. After I had already customized my bands, I received a mailed notification from Disney saying I could go online and customize my bands.

mickclub1955
11-17-2013, 05:38 PM
61 days out it would not allow me to customize bands or pick fast passes. 60 days out it let me do both.

CanadianWDWFan
11-17-2013, 07:09 PM
We were about 60 days out when I was able to customize our bands. 30 days to go!:mickey:

FYI, Disney only delivers the bands to U.S. addresses. Being Canadian, you will have to pick your bands up at your resort when you check in.

marlyn
11-18-2013, 01:05 AM
FYI, Disney only delivers the bands to U.S. addresses. Being Canadian, you will have to pick your bands up at your resort when you check in.

Good to know!! Thank you. So I guess I don't need them for magical express?
And it sounds like 60 days is the answer to my question. I had wondered if I needed the bands to book FP+. Guess not.

stephicakes
11-18-2013, 06:10 AM
I think it varies - I was able to pick & customize at 70 days out...

CanadianWDWFan
11-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Good to know!! Thank you. So I guess I don't need them for magical express?
And it sounds like 60 days is the answer to my question. I had wondered if I needed the bands to book FP+. Guess not.
No you don't need them. Only a resort reservation and park tickets that are linked to your My Disney Experience account are needed. We were able to make our FP+ choices before we were allowed to customize our bands. I don't remember the exact number of days between the two but keep checking your account, it will let you know when you can start to make your FP+ choices as well as customizing your bands

On a side note, you have up to 30 days before your arrival to customize your bands.

29 DAYS!! :mickey:

gottaluvtink
11-18-2013, 10:30 AM
We were 65 days out when we got the message on MDE to customize our Magic Bands. On exactly 60 days out, we could choose our fast pass +. We are now 54 days out! :mickey:

Just a tip: My dog woke me up to go outside at 2:30 in the am on day 60. Of course, out of curiosity, I had to check MDE. There it was! I have to say, at that time, there were no slow downs on the web site and I got all the fast passes I wanted. :D

emfleck
12-04-2013, 02:57 PM
I just logged into my Disney experience and I am able to customize our magic bands. We are at 146 days. It says I have until March 29 to customize. :mickey:

We LOVE Disney
12-04-2013, 10:50 PM
What does it mean to customize the bands? Is that when you pick colors?

faline
12-05-2013, 07:41 AM
What does it mean to customize the bands? Is that when you pick colors?

Pretty much. You get to choose the color of your band and have a name imprinted on it.

MOJoe
12-05-2013, 04:05 PM
I believe as of Tuesday Dec. 3rd, everyone with a resort reservation in 2014 is able to customize their Magic Bands. :mickey:

marlyn
12-05-2013, 11:52 PM
I have the link to customize, although at the moment only have grey as a color option. Guess I'll keep checking.