PDA

View Full Version : 10/6-10/11 Dining reviews- Day 2

Hammer
11-14-2013, 03:32 PM
10/6-10/11 Dining Reviews- Day 2 10/7
My apologies for the delay in posting my Dining reviews. Work and real life got in the way. You can find the preface and day 1 here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=202110).

No ADRs were scheduled for today. We decided to go to Epcot and enjoy the Food and Wine festival for the majority of the day. I’ll do my best to remember all we had on this day (we went back on Thursday). All of the food tastings were shared between the 3 of us. Everyone had their own beverage :wine:.

Belgium

Potato and Leek Waffle with Braised Beef- loved this savory dish!
Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream- good, but the ganache was not warm as advertised.

Ireland

Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie- Was as tasty as last year!

Canada

Seared Rainbow Trout with Bacon, Frisee and Maple Minus 8 Vinaigrette- This was so tasty. The flavor of the bacon meshed well with the trout.
"Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce- Tasty and it was nice that they cooked it to order so we could have it medium rare.
I tried the La Face Neige Sparkling Wine and it was okay, but I won’t rush out to buy a bottle.

Mexico

Shrimp Taco with Purple Cabbage
Taco de Ribeye with Salsa de Chipotle- The shrimp taco was the winner out of the two.
I had the Sangria and I thought it was pretty good. It was made the traditional way with Brandy, which I prefer.

New Zealand

Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney- this was very good; nicely seasoned, but not spicy
Venison Sausage with Pickled Mushrooms, Baby Arugula and Black Currant Reduction-We liked this, but it is a bit gamier than many people would like
My sister had the Mohua Sauvignon Blanc and I had the unoaked chardonnay. Cheryl liked hers, but the chardonnay was eh. I’m not a big fan of chardonnay, but thought I may like the unoaked quality of this, which I did not.

Argentina

Beef Empanada- good, but was a bit bland this year compared to last year
Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée- This was very good!
Terrazas Reserva Malbec- Cheryl had this and I believe she was underwhelmed with it.

Cheese

Almond Crusted Blue Cheese Soufflé with Fig Jam- This was wonderful! The almonds combined with the tartness of the blue cheese and the sweetness of the fig jam blended together so well.

Desserts and Champagne

Moet and Chandon Imperial – This never disappoints me. Then again, I’m the person who posted the picture on Facebook of an office water cooler with a Moet and Chandon jug :D…
Nicolas Feuillatte Rosé- Cheryl liked this. They usually had Moet and Chandon Rosé Imperial at this booth, but it was switched this year.

Even with all of us splitting these portions, we were full. Not stuffed, but full, so it was pleasant to tour Epcot.

Dinner
After our grazing at the Food and Wine Festival, we decided rather than have 3 full meals, we wanted to order a bunch of appetizers and small plates and share between the 3 of us. We decided we wanted to go to Yachtsman as there were multiple appetizers we wanted to try. Called and was able to get a reservation for around 8:00, which was perfect.
Our choices-
Bombay Sapphire and tonic- yours truly
Sherwood Sauvignon Blanc- Cheryl
Ice Tea- Mom
Onion popovers- we love these rolls, especially with the roasted garlic served as an accompaniment
Assortment of Artisanal Cheeses
Charcuterie Board- Suckling Pig, Summer Sausage, Cured Meats, Accouterments
Fried Oysters- Rockefeller, Bucatini Pasta, Crème Fraîche, Osetra Caviar
Creamed Spinach
Truffle Macaroni & Cheese
Everything was delicious! On the charcuterie board, we especially loved the duck pastrami and chicken pâté. On the cheese plate, my favorites were the Rogue River Blue, Jasper Hill Landaff, and Ardi Gasna. We brought leftovers back to our room at Kidani, so no dessert for us.

yjgirl32
11-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Great review thanks for sharing

buzznwoodysmom
11-14-2013, 06:34 PM
That sounds like a whole lot of great food! Sounds like a fun day of tasting!