PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Surprise - Pre-Trip Report

IloveJack
11-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Aaii! The anticipation is killing me! Our kids (5,2,5m) don't know we're leaving for Disney in 16 days, and I'm about to burst from holding it in. Of course, only the 5yo really remembers our last trip, but both girls ask almost daily when we're going back. Every time we watch a Disney movie and they see the castle, it's "I really, really, really want to go to Disney World!" At least once a week, I catch myself starting to tell them.

We've only told our parents and a few select friends, as we don't want anyone to slip up and tell the girls. Our plan is to tell them we're going to see some Christmas decorations far away (not a lie), and drive through the night. We should drive under the big sign right as they're waking up, and we're going to ask the 5yo to read it. That'll be a videoed moment.

So onto the plan. First of all, I'm an obsessive planner, so I have detailed plans for every day. Secondly, I fully understand that with three preschoolers, the best laid plans... well, you know. We don't plan to hop, as transportation with five takes up too much time. Naps are planned, but may not happen. And we only have one ADR for the entire week.
I'm quite excited to take a trip that doesn't revolve around a school schedule, having been a teacher for the past eight years. I'm now a WAHM, so we can go when it's not so busy. I've also been looking forward to a Christmas season trip for years, and this is the last year that we can go and not have to pay for multiple kids. When I changed jobs this year, I made sure that they knew during my interview that I couldn't work this week. (Yes, I probably would've given up the job over a trip :blush:... not really, but I would've found a way around it).

Really. On to the plan.

Dec. 1: Our church is doing their Hanging of the Green, and we've played Mary and Joseph with each of our babies. This year, Jesus will actually be played by a boy. :D We're also having DS's baby dedication during that service, so the grandparents won't have to come to multiple December services. After lunch and a nap, we're loading the car, giving the kids the "Christmas decorations" story, eating a quick dinner, and heading out at 5:30pm.

Dec. 2: Barring any long stops (and hoping the baby sleeps through the ride), we should arrive at WDW at 6am. I'm planning to stop by POFQ to get some beignets, as our Tiana-fan ODD has been begging for them. Then on over to ASMo to check-in. Assuming our room won't be ready that early, we'll leave the car and head to Magic Kingdom for the day. I plan to cover all of Adventure/Frontier/(old)Fantasy lands before heading back to the room for a nap and to unpack the car. Then we'll return for EMH and the lighting of the castle. EMH will be used for whatever we want to do multiple times, as we'll spend another day at the MK later. Also, DS will be getting his first hair cut, and the girls will be getting their 3rd and 2nd respectively (yes, they've only ever gotten their hair cut on Main Street... call us weird if you want to).
Lunch and dinner will be at Pecos Bill's and Casey's.
FP+ are at BTMRR, Barnstormer, and Dumbo.

Dec. 3: We'll head to DHS and try to see lots of characters first thing. Our only ADR is here, and it's lunch at 50's Prime Time. (After me being unemployed for the month of August, we canceled all our ADR's in September. Then after checking menus/prices, I decided we could eat here for the same cost as Pizza Planet, so I tried daily till I finally got it back). ODD has been begging to ride TOT since our last trip, but is terrified of the dark, so I'm hoping it goes okay and doesn't scare her off every ride the rest of the trip. We also will make sure to do all the Disney Junior/Toy Story things to keep the YDD happy. And lastly, we must see the Osbourne Lights.
If there's still gas in the tank, we'll head over to DTD afterwards. However, it'd really just be to buy an ornament (tradition) and eat at Earl of Sandwich. An early bedtime might win out on that one.
Lunch and dinner will be at 50's Prime Time and Earl of Sandwich or the Food Court.
FP+ are at ToT, Star Tours, and TSM.

Dec. 4: AK has morning EMH so we're hoping to ride Everest a couple of times before the park opens at 9. We love seeing the animals, so we can actually make this a whole-day park easily with three kids. Plus, I'd like to see the Jammin' Jingle Jungle Parade before it ends.
After the park closes, we'll resort hop and hopefully see all the decorations at the deluxe resorts before bedtime. (I'd originally planned an off day to do this, but that unemployment thing got us here, too).
Lunch and dinner will be at Flame Tree and wherever we find while resort hopping.
FP+ are at Dinosaur, Safari, and Nemo.

Dec. 5: Back at the MK! We'll start our day in New Fantasyland, and try to be in line for lunch at BOG when it opens. We'll cover the other half of MK today, with Liberty Square and Fantasy/Tomorrow lands. I've planned nap time for this day, too. Then we'll return before 6 to see the castle lighting again and do MVMCP. After spending two days in the park, the plan is to focus only on party-exclusive activities here. I'm hoping to get a good family pic with Mickey and Minnie for our Christmas cards, so we'll probably line up there first.
Lunch and dinner will be at BOG and Cosmic Ray's.
FP+ are for Under the Sea, Belle's Tales, and Buzz.

Dec. 6: Up early to pack up, then finally, a day at Epcot! We'll begin with Future World, staying around until noon; then head into World Showcase for all the Christmas stories. It's tradition that we get a family pic with Pooh and friends in the UK, and the girls will want to see Duffy. I plan to get in line for the CP at 6pm (8:15 show with Whoopi), while DH takes the DDs to ride the WS rides. After Illuminations, we'll hang around for EMH until they kick us out.
Lunch and Dinner will be at Sunshine Seasons and Yorkshire.
FP+ are at Soarin', Test Track, and Illuminations (unsure about that one, but the other choices are a waste, and CP won't end until 9).

Dec. 7: After closing Epcot, we'll drive to Lake City and spend the night, then over to the gulf coast for a walk along the beach before heading home.

There, now at least I got to talk about my trip with ya'll. I feel better. :D

buzznwoodysmom
11-14-2013, 11:22 AM
Awesome!

I loved our trips so much when our kiddos were those ages! We leave for Disney next week, and while its a different kind of fun, it's just not the same as when they were really young! Enjoy this time. They aren't kidding when they say it passes so quickly!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Sounds like a wonderful plan:mickey:

Belle of the Ball 051411
11-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Sounds like a great trip you've got planned. Enjoy every minute of it! :mickey:

faline
11-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Terrific planning! Enjoy your holiday trip!!

yjgirl32
11-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. Have a great trip.

Princess from Tennessee
11-23-2013, 09:39 PM
I am so excited for y'all!!!!! :mickey: And then you will come back in June to see me... right? :blush: