PDA

View Full Version : How is it going?

waymickey
11-14-2013, 10:00 AM
So how is the DAS working out since Disney implemented it? Any good or not so good experiences?

TheDuckRocks
11-14-2013, 11:21 AM
On our recent trip as an ECV/scooter user, I found it to be pretty much same old, same old. The only minor bump in the road I encountered was a very rude CM at the Jungle Cruise. When I scooted over to ask what the new procedure was. His comment to me was, "If you need that thing you should know what to do". As I was sitting there with dropped jaw, my DH and a senior CM (the guys in dress shirts with the litter picker uppers), who was standing behind the rude one, took care of the whole thing. Needless to say we were on the next boat pronto. No anger on our part, but I'm sure there was an additional conversation with the CM.

Disney_pups2
11-16-2013, 02:40 AM
I personally have heard about 90% bad stories from many sources, mostly on Disneyland, but Disney World has been mentioned plenty as well.
My son is to get a trip through a wish granting org and even though their own site states that ALL wish granting org children will be using a different system they refuse to abide by their own statement unless you happen to be the ones THEY deem worthy even though they are not named on the site. A Nice gentleman in the Disabled guests department was suppose to be helping me and seeing what could be done for my son and he has never called me back, almost a month later. I have called 6 times to get different answers, but all pointed back to.. everyone uses the DAS no matter what. So much for "we will assist on a case by case basis".
In other news, I called Universal, and they had genuine answers and were immediately willing to offer more assistance than just their regular. I was assured that their guest services would not let my family down.