PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass + limited options!

emerzmom
11-12-2013, 03:10 PM
I don't like to post negative comments but this is my 2nd one this week...sorry!
After lots of frustration with My Disney Experience and linking my tickets I was finally able to get on to do my Fast Pass+ reservations. They have categories to chose from. At EPCOT I had to chose 1 from Soarin', Test Track, Maelstrom, and a character meet and great. We will only be there 1 day. I was really hoping to get to ride Soarin', TT, and Maelstrom.
Are the regular FP's still working or is FP+ it?
....looking for the magic....
:tink:
Julie

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-12-2013, 03:19 PM
This seems to be something that Disney is testing at Epcot.

More details can be found in this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=202151).

No one is sure if it is a test, or if it will be like this going forward.

MW1218
11-12-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm not a FastPass+ apologist by any means - I think that Disney could be doing a better job explaining it and I think adding another layer of planning to a trip is going to wear thin - but I don't understand the mentality that just because you didn't get a FastPass+ for something, you won't be able to ride it.

If you arrive when the park opens, make right for the Soarin/TT attraction you didn't get a FastPass for, and ride it, then ride your Soarin/TT FastPass at the designated time. As long as you get to Maelstrom before noon, it shouldn't be more than a five minute wait.

emerzmom
11-12-2013, 05:31 PM
I can't be in the park before noon. This is a one day last minute trip that I decided to take (to celebrate my birthday) on the heals of a trip to Tampa for a wedding. I won't be landing in Tampa until 10am so I won't be in the park before 1:30. I know I can't do everything and my time is very limited because of my situation but I still think this is a little frustrating and I had no choice it was Fast Pass+ or nothing. I am also concerned because I am reading on the boards that the lines have been ridiculously long lately in EPCOT possibly due to this "test".
I did find the related thread. I was comforted that I am not alone in my feelings about this.
I truly love WDW but lately the magic seems to be slipping away.
:tink:
Julie

mickclub1955
11-12-2013, 05:57 PM
If you arrive when the park opens, make right for the Soarin/TT attraction you didn't get a FastPass for, and ride it, then ride your Soarin/TT FastPass at the designated time. As long as you get to Maelstrom before noon, it shouldn't be more than a five minute wait.
Unfortunately not everyone can do this. Not everyone's situation is the same.

faline
11-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Yes, the are now putting rides into categories and testing that at Epcot. One prime ride plus two lesser ones. Not everyone can arrive at park opening and some folks do not want to arrive at that time.

NJGIRL
11-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Not that this is going to make you feel any better, but the reason they are doing this is because people who do not have the bands weren't getting any fast passes and waiting in extremely long lines for all of the popular rides.

I am having a really hard time believing that this system is going to work.

vicster
11-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Not that this is going to make you feel any better, but the reason they are doing this is because people who do not have the bands weren't getting any fast passes and waiting in extremely long lines for all of the popular rides.

I am having a really hard time believing that this system is going to work.

We were those people mid-October who did not have bands and fast passes were gone an hour after the park opened. We stayed for one week at WL so this trip was not cheap. The wait times were totally ridiculous - 60 to 90 minutes. We spent a lot of money just to spend a lot of time standing in line. Not our best vacation and I have no desire to repeat it. I'm not a complainer -we love Disney and go every year and have never had this bad experience before. Total waste of our vacation dollars.

mickclub1955
11-14-2013, 03:33 PM
It is starting at Hollywood Studios now. I just posted a blip in the New and Rumors section.

NJGIRL
11-14-2013, 04:18 PM
We were those people mid-October who did not have bands and fast passes were gone an hour after the park opened. We stayed for one week at WL so this trip was not cheap. The wait times were totally ridiculous - 60 to 90 minutes. We spent a lot of money just to spend a lot of time standing in line. Not our best vacation and I have no desire to repeat it. I'm not a complainer -we love Disney and go every year and have never had this bad experience before. Total waste of our vacation dollars.

We had the same exact experience......and IMO the parks weren't that crowded. It was the system....not the crowds. We have no plans to go back until this has been resolved and we start hearing positive feedback.

bxrluv
11-20-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm beginning to think that the same techies are running this new system that screwed up Obamacare :confused:

chefmickey3
11-20-2013, 10:08 PM
If the parks were moderately busy you may not have gotten old FP at 1:30 for Soarin'/Test Track anyway. Do what you can and enjoy the rest. You are going to the happiest place on Earth - if you don't get to do a ride you are still in Disney. It is easy to feel frustrated - we all do. I hope you have a great trip!