PDA

View Full Version : Amazing time at PoP

Dewdrop034
11-11-2013, 05:47 PM
After complaining that I would never stay at another value resort again I booked Pop for a 4 day mini vacation. On the plane ride down I kept asking myself if I lost my mind. We arrived and checked in in less than 5 minutes. The front desk and concierge service were very friendly.
They put us in the 80's section, right next to the lake area, in the back which was super quiet for the whole stay.
The room was average Disney Value but it did have a mini fridge and everything we needed for our stay. Mousekeeping were very nice when asking for requests.
The food was suprisingly good. The pork shank dinner was just as good as anything you would get at the park restaurants. Good salads and burgers too.
We had mixed drinks at the poolside bar and they don't skimp on the alcohol. :marg: Laundry services area was very well kept and if you choose you can rent a scooter at the luggage area. Magical Express and Disney Park busses were fast compared to other resorts we've been to. We never waited longer than 10 minutes.
Overall, this resort gets a big thumbs up from me and my family and we're going POP from now on. :number1:

tiggerbuddy
11-11-2013, 07:00 PM
I found the beds to be hard as a rock... Did you ?

Madame Leona
11-11-2013, 08:12 PM
We usually stay at a Mod but I LOVE POP. It's my go resort when I need to reign in my budget!!

I think it's wonderful that you enjoyed it!!

disney obsessed
11-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Pop and the AKL are my favs.:thumbsup:

Jeff
11-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the review!:thumbsup:

brownie
11-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay at Pop Century. We've enjoyed our stays there.

Kerry823
11-11-2013, 10:57 PM
We have always enjoyed POP. It is more convenient than Caribbean Beach which we also love. Just had a great trip two weeks ago. My husband and I did actually mention that the beds were very hard. One additional plus is that we were in the 70s building and close to the generation gap bridge. We tried the Art of Animation bus because it arrived at a park before the POP bus. It was a very short walk from Art of Animation back to our room. We got to see that resort and found having the second option of transportation was a plus! Also, AOA has a business center and was a very short walk to print off online passes to Seaworld.

Middle of the Map
11-11-2013, 11:42 PM

I like a firm bed, but truthfully, I could sleep on broken glass after a day in the parks.

Pop is my favorite affordable resort.

Ms. Mode
11-12-2013, 09:40 AM

I like a firm mattress too :blush:

hoop de do
11-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Glad you had a great time.
We love POP also.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
11-12-2013, 12:16 PM
We've stayed at POP several times for either our first night or short trips. I love it there and can't think of anything to complain about with it. I love the lake and the couse it takes for an early morning run. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-12-2013, 01:04 PM
I admit that I was very concerned to stay in a Value, since I prefer the deluxes and wasn't sure what to expect, and I was also very pleasantly surprised by POP. I really enjoyed my stay there. I can't convince my husband to give up on our deluxes and I really do prefer them overall. But, I wouldn't hesitate to book another stay at POP. It was a fun place and I didn't have any complaints.

emerzmom
11-12-2013, 05:57 PM
So happy to hear all of the good reports on Pop! We will have our first stay there next week.
:tink:
Julie

GoldenAurora
11-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay! It's always nice to hear good reports concerning the value resorts!

jillluvsdisney
11-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Very nice to read about your good experience.
I've stayed there twice and will there over Thanksgiving weekend this month.

Lindsey310
11-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Agreed...and the walls paper thin :secret: