PDA

View Full Version : At French Quarter Now

JoDisney
11-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Arrived Friday, computers were down a long time. Check-in was a mess. They reported that they could not find my online check-in. I did the earliest one you could do the online check-in and had my copy as proof. I had a riverview, had requested building 2 or 5. After a long wait, they gave me building 7. They said they were totally booked because of race. We go to room. It's on the river, but when I opened the door it was very much "thrown together." First, the beds looked like they did not have bedspreads on them. They were totally white and looked like white sheets. The pillows were in disarray. The tub was dirty. I had to clean it totally. The sinks were used. I cleaned. Did not use glasses - used. The room generally needed a rehab.
The next morning, I reported this and insisted on a new room. Long story short, we were moved to building 2 riverview by the boat dock. The room was in excellent shape. They did have these weird white thin bedspread, but the room was clean and beds did not look "beat up."
It is interesting, when I checked in, the CM said the online check-in does NOT do anything about getting you a particular building or location. It only speeds up the process; they have your room # already assigned to you. In other words, online check-in is really more for them than it is for you!
I have been going to Disney for many years, the prices are going up, but their quality is going down. They do this because they can get away with this. People are going to go to Disney.

mickclub1955
11-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Very sad to hear about your experience:(. Hopefully things can only get better from here. I myself have had bad check in experiences but I have never done pre-check in and was planning on it this trip. Thanks for the warning.

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Wow! It sounds like a really bad day at the check-in counter.

I've heard that all of the resorts are changing to the white "bedspreads" from their old ones, probably easier to manage and keep clean. Still, I'm not sure how it will look in the rooms, I know at POFQ the bedspreads were the major source of colour in the room.

When online check-in works well, it can be great. But, when there are issues, it seems to be more complicated to sort them out, since the CM has to "undo" things.

Glad you're all sorted - have a great trip!

Strmchsr
11-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Sorry about the frustrations! When I checked in back in July at Pop we arrived at our room and found it not ready. We went right back to the front desk and got it changed right there. Hopefully the rest of your trip is smoother!

As for the CM's comments about online check-in, I think he was incorrect there. While specific buildings may/may not be honored when I've requested things like "first floor" using online check-in I've had it honored every single time (over 10 times).

disneymom15
11-11-2013, 09:32 AM
We've never had any problems using the online check in service either. Have always gotten our requests.

JoDisney
11-11-2013, 05:03 PM
This was race weekend. There were no other rooms and this room in building 7 showed it.

So all the rooms are going to "white" flimsy bedspreads? How ugly! Disney charges high prices and gives the customers low quality.

lindique
11-11-2013, 05:44 PM
I think the white "bedspreads" are not a sign of things going downhill at Disney World (there may be other things, however....) This is the trend in most hotels nowadays, and I really like it. This enables each guest to receive fresh clean linens for their beds. In the past, Disney did not change bedspreads in between guests and a lot of people were grossed out somewhat to have to use a bedspread/comforter that other guests had used, sat on, changed diapers on, etc.

Middle of the Map
11-11-2013, 11:50 PM
In the past, Disney did not change bedspreads in between guests and a lot of people were grossed out somewhat to have to use a bedspread/comforter that other guests had used, sat on, changed diapers on, etc.

Yup - that little fact caused us to carefully deposit the spread on the floor at night. Glad they are going to a more sanitary spread.

Regarding the whole check-in process: I'd rather have my teeth drilled than stand there while some poor CM tap-tap-taps on the keys FOREVER when assigning a room. I always seem to get the "trainee" when I check in.

JoDisney
11-12-2013, 07:22 AM
I absolutely agree that the bedspread should be washed and changed for every new guest. The current bedspread (if you want to call it that) looks like another white, flimsy sheet; it had the dirty decorative pillow in purple/gold on top of the bed pillows. I toss those right off the bed immediately. (Those decorative pillows can be cleaned, as they have a zipper on them for ease of removable. However, they are not washed. They should get rid of those decorative pillows, since they don't wash them. They look ridiculous on the top of the white, thin bedspread, too.

JoDisney
11-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Concerning the check-in process, yes I will use online check-in again. However, be advised online check-in is for them. When there is a busy day like race day for example, the runners came in the day before I arrived. The resort was full. Even though you do the online check-in, I was given an undesirable room and another room was not available until the next day. I would have rather had them say to me, "we made a mistake and overbooked, but we want to correct our mistake and transfer you to another resort." The room that was left was disgusting and in need of a rehab. I paid the same money for this room. I expect a great room for the money I spend.

magicofdisney
11-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Sorry about the frustrations! When I checked in back in July at Pop we arrived at our room and found it not ready. We went right back to the front desk and got it changed right there. Hopefully the rest of your trip is smoother!

As for the CM's comments about online check-in, I think he was incorrect there. While specific buildings may/may not be honored when I've requested things like "first floor" using online check-in I've had it honored every single time (over 10 times).

On the other end of the spectrum, I too always request first floor. We often travel without my husband. Additionally, we stay at POR, which doesn't have elevators in AB. I've had little luck getting that coveted first floor. And you know that with a party of 5 we have a LOT of stuff to take upstairs. I realize I could simply use bellhop, but I don't want to wait on my stuff. However, online check-in gets me an early room nearly 100% of the time. For now, that trumps the first floor request. :-)

eandrsmom
11-17-2013, 10:19 AM
So, they're changing all of the bedspreads to thin, white sheets? We just booked AoA for March, and I'm thinking that the themes of these new rooms will be greatly impacted by the switch to white bedspreads.

LVT
11-17-2013, 06:09 PM
I have to join in the "bedspreads were gross" group. We too, put them on the floor away from us.:confused:

lindique
11-17-2013, 07:00 PM
So, they're changing all of the bedspreads to thin, white sheets? We just booked AoA for March, and I'm thinking that the themes of these new rooms will be greatly impacted by the switch to white bedspreads.
I believe they are taking the old bedspreads and are making "runners" (I have no idea of what the proper word is) out of them. That will provide a bit of color. I have seen pictures of some of the rooms that already have them -hopefully it will be all of them.

eandrsmom
11-17-2013, 07:11 PM
I do agree that it will be more sanitary to wash the bedspreads between guests. I guess that I was thinking of the waste of resources in replacing the bedspreads at the new resort, especially with all of the planning that went into room theming.

eeyorelovesme
11-17-2013, 07:27 PM
That Friday check-in was down throughout Disney. We has a similar experience at POP. They couldn't find our online check-in. 20 minutes later they had "magically" found our paperwork. They also couldn't find the tickets for our free round of golf from our run, they called the next morning saying that they found the envelope. It was utter chaos.
Also, we had the white bedspread with the runner that you could tell was from the old bedspread.
:eeyore:

Susan A
11-18-2013, 03:07 PM
The new bedspread isn't just a sheet; there is a down comforter that is between two high quality white jacquard sheets. We had the new bedspread at Wilderness Lodge. There was a runner at the bottom of the bed. That went on the floor along with the decorative pillows...

I love it so much better than the old bedspreads that everyone else breathed, drooled and you know what else on. Now mouse keeping can take off those two sheets and wash them between guests. You will get fresh sheets "wrapped around the comforter". I'll take cleanliness over theming any day. :ack:

If I can figure out how to post a picture is the bed, I'll do it.