PDA

View Full Version : Using DDP Quick Service credits for table service meal

KatGat
11-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Can quick service credits on the dining plan be combined and used towards a table service meal? If so, how do I find out the number of credits required? Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-10-2013, 09:49 PM
No, you can't "combine" your quick service credits to use for a TS meal.

Unless you're on the deluxe DDP, where a credit is just a credit, you have to use the QS credits for QS meals and TS credits for TS meals.

There are some reports of being able to downgrade, and use a TS credit for a QS meal, but these are hit and miss, depending on the CM (and even the time of year, location,etc).

paymerich
11-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Uh Houston that is a NO GO , I repeat a NO GO on combining QS credits into a TS credit.

Yet another bad reason to avoid the plan. I found the oft-repeated method of buying Disney gift cards ahead of time and using the Tables In Wonderland a much better deal with freedom of choice .

#1donaldfan
11-12-2013, 12:22 PM
No you cannot use the CS credits for TS, however you can certainly use the TS credits for CS credits, AND you can use CS credits for snacks, but with fewer options. We've done this several times. It's not good practice or economical at all, but at times we have left over credits and on the way out the door we load up on snacks....:thumbsup:

SBETigg
11-12-2013, 01:08 PM
No you cannot use the CS credits for TS, however you can certainly use the TS credits for CS credits, AND you can use CS credits for snacks, but with fewer options. We've done this several times. It's not good practice or economical at all, but at times we have left over credits and on the way out the door we load up on snacks....:thumbsup:

I'm not sure how recently you have done this, because last year during both of my trips, it was not allowed anywhere I went to convert CS credits to snacks or TS credits to CS credits. My understanding is that this is a very special case scenario that most often won't work out.

#1donaldfan
11-13-2013, 12:59 PM
I was there my latest trip in July 2013. We did the trading of CS credits to snacks in the gift shop on our way out. We've done this for years. Actually, we now rely on doing it to stock up on a few Disney snacks for the trip home. :thumbsup:

cer
11-13-2013, 01:27 PM
As I understand it, Disney's official policy is that they will not do it either trading up or trading down. Whatever credit you have has to be spent on that option.

Officially that is how it is, so you could ask, I suppose, but I wouldn't go in planning to do this. That way you won't be disappointed if it doesn't work out the way you had hoped. :mickey:

Davy Crockett
11-14-2013, 02:02 PM
That's a negative Ghost Rider - The pattern is full!!!

TS down to CS yes - House wins

CS down to Snacks yes - House wins

But why would you ever want to give money away. If you're that generous let me e-mail you my address and you can send me a check :beat: