PDA

View Full Version : Beignets

IloveJack
11-10-2013, 05:43 PM
My 5yo DD has been begging for some beignets for months. She's never had them, but sees them every time she watches Princess and the Frog. Our upcoming trip is a surprise to her (we don't plan for her to find out until we drive under the "Walt Disney World" sign). Hopefully, we'll arrive to check-in with about 2 hours before the MK opens, allowing for check-in time and time to catch the MK bus. But I'm hoping that we can stop by POFQ on our way to ASM and get some beignets to share for breakfast. I've never been to POFQ and know nothing of its layout. Is the food court in the same building as the main lobby? Will it be open by 6am? Do they serve beignets "to go?"
Thanks for any help!

mickclub1955
11-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Yes the food court is in the same building and you can order the beignets to go. I used to get an order and take it back to the room. One time I then accidentally dropped the empty container on the floor in the hotel room. Powdered sugar went everywhere (they are somewhat messy). They fry them up as soon as you place your order so they are hot when you get them and so delicious.:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Sounds like a fun start to the trip!

Yes, the food court is on your left as you enter the main building. Parking is right in front (and never too busy), so you're all good.

The food court opens at 6am, and you can get the beignets to go, but don't let them cool too much ... they are really good when still warm.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
11-11-2013, 02:17 AM
When I was at WDW in June, you could get beignets at Tomorrowland Terrace as well. Maybe someone can confirm they are still serving breakfast there?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-11-2013, 09:52 AM
I just did some digging, and it seems that Tomorrowland Terrace was only open for breakfast while Main Street Bakery was under construction.

The only current menus I can find are for lunch. Too bad, it is a great location, and it would have been easier for the OP to get beignets in the park.

Gator
11-20-2013, 07:58 PM
It's well worth it to go to POFQ. They have people for New Orleans making the Beignets, so they do it right. And they are AWESOME!

#1donaldfan
11-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Yes you have to go there and get them as they are as incredible in person as they look on the movie !!! ...... but you don't have to stop on your way in.....you could wait and if you had time and was shopping at DtD you could ride the boat to the FQ, get them, then ride back to DtD or grab a bus out front to another park ??!!! :cool: