PDA

View Full Version : Team Mickey is Closing...

DisnIse
11-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Just read in the sentinel that Team Mickey is closing and it is going to be turned into a girl store. I understand marketing and supply and demand but Team Mickey was one of the only ways that I could convince DSs to shop with me. Total bummer.....

Pop Centurion
11-10-2013, 05:03 PM
I never bought anything there but always spent time browsing. I guess I'll kind of miss it.

VWL Mom
11-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Team Mickey is my boys' favorite and really the only reason we went to DTD lately. My family will miss it.

It is being replaced by The Marketplace Co Op (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/11/marketplace-co-op-coming-to-downtown-disney-marketplace-in-early-2014/)

At opening it will be divided into six spaces:
Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination for woman featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
Cherry Tree Lane - Accessories for the sophisticated woman with a passion for scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
D-Tech on Demand – A place to personalize and customize your own electronic accessories.
The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired, lifestyle sports apparel and collectibles.
Centerpiece - Home product for Guests that want a splash of Disney in their room furnishings, textiles and everyday ware.
Zoey and Pickles - A girls’ destination containing the latest trends and glamour for the up and coming fashionista.

Zippy 1
11-10-2013, 06:25 PM
That kinda stinks! I believe that is the store my DH made his remote control Mater. We spent several hours in there on our last trip doing Mater and then one for my DD. We hoped to pick up additional accessories on our next trip. :(

marlyn
11-10-2013, 06:42 PM
This is a bad idea. The male disney fans need a place to shop too! My boys love this store!:(

Melanie
11-11-2013, 04:36 AM
Wow. Very disappointing news. We love Team Mickey in our male dominated household.

Kenny1113
11-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Yep. Sad to see something for boys is leaving. Will the ridemakerz section be leaving as well? Or will it get a kiosk?

Capt_redshirt
11-11-2013, 08:39 AM
The latest plans show world of disney is going to be larger then ever maybe thats where all the sports stuff will end up and maybe ridemakerz too who knows. but it is sad to see ... i never spent money there because my teams werent represented but i still liked to walk around there.

KylesMom
11-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Wow - that is very disappointing to me. One of the guaranteed places where they can make a sale from at least one, if not all, our family members each trip. And usually a pretty pricey one! :(

minnie04
11-12-2013, 04:13 PM
I LOVED THAT STORE!!! :( To see it go and for what another girly store. I guess the girls are very important to Disney. It seems everything is being geared towards the girls. Wow sad, but true. I do like the idea of the "centerpiece" store. I have always loved the stores that had things for the house, but they have a whole other side to downtown Disney to make those new stores. Team Mickey was a classic for us. I guess like everything else they just move on with change and don't really care who it affects. Maybe they really are trying to push the boy’s/men towards the Universal side…

BraddyB
11-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Being a male, I can honestly say I never bought a thing in that store. I would walk around in it, but nothing interested me enough to buy. I could get the mens polos in just about any other gift shop.

I would much rather go to a Sporting goods store than buy anything sports related at Disney. When I think Disney, sports doesn't come to my mind.

Honestly they need a vintage store there. Somewhere you could buy things with the old Disney logos. I would love a t-shirt or hat with any of the old Epcot logos like...The Land, The Living Seas, Horizons, or Journey Into Imagination. They could also have prints of past attractions, camera straps, even create women's scarves or purses using the logos similar to a Vera Bradley.

I think this would be a very big hit.

Middle of the Map
11-22-2013, 10:02 PM
That's too bad about the closing. I guess girls buy more stuff than guys, so Disney is just meeting customer demand.

I do regret that they are eliminating more and more adult gift items. I used to love shopping at DTD, but now it's just a walk-through for me.

TheVBs
11-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Sounds like only the one store will be girl oriented, the rest are geared towards adults. I'm excited about the home goods store! Reading the blog there will also be the Trophy Room which will have sports clothing. And it points out that there's a whole men's section at World of Disney. That's where DH usually shops.