11-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Cast:

Heather (Me)
Ron (DH)
Matt (DS)
Emily (DD#3)
Hallie (DD#4)

Day 5 Thursday 9/19/13

Our original plans had called for a morning at MK. I had changed those plans when we decided to go yesterday instead of the water park. Unbelievably, those new plans changed and we did indeed wind up back at Magic Kingdom. Confused? Us too!

Onto our perfectly princess day! Today we will begin with breakfast at Gaston's Tavern which consisted of those huge cinnamon rolls and some LeFou's Brew, both very yummy. Princess Fairytale Hall had just opened yesterday so our first FP+ of the day is with Cinderella and her "friend" Aurora. While I didn't particularly see the need for yet another meet & greet area, I must say the did a fantastic job with the theming here! My two princesses thoroughly enjoyed the decor of the "castle" especially Cinderella's Glass Slipper on display, as well as the Princess Minnie figurine. I also liked all the detail they put into it. it made the girls feel as if they were in a real castle, The meeting rooms were nicely appointed as well. The lady in front of me in line struck up a conversation and wanted my opinion about this. She explained she was a blogger and was reporting. We chatted a few minutes about this new location as well as some other topics, before we got to meet Cinderella and Aurora. The two princesses gave my two princesses lots of attention!

Emily has been dying to meet Merida ever sine she began making appearances so went and got in line to meet her. Matt had not had a FP+' to meet Cinderella, he had his own for Splash Mt. So when he finished he met us while we were in line to meet Merida. The line did not appear to be very long, but it took forever to get through to meet her. Finally, they got to meet her and tried their hand at archery. It was a cute set up, but they really need to move the line faster. When we finished Hallie wanted a ride on the teacups for everyone but Ron. Lucky him! Hallie insisted I ride or I would have been waiting with Ron.

Moving on it was time for our next FP+ and our next Princess encounter with Belle and her Enchanted Tales. The FP+ line takes you right into the workshop, so you skip the living area. Emily had really been hoping that she would be cast as Philippe like she was last time, but instead she was chosen to play Maurice. Hallie was chosen as the wardrobe. They got their pictures with Belle afterward.

Rounding out our perfectly princess morning was our appointment to be received by Rapunzel and her "friend" Snow White. Emily, even at nearly 11 was extremely excited to meet Rapunzel for the first time. She is currently Emily's favorite Princess.

It is now time for our lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon so we make our way out of MK and take the boat over to Wilderness Lodge. Just as we arrived, the geyser began to erupt so we stopped for some pics. Emily also wanted to check out their pool to see what kind of slide they had here. The last time we stayed here she was only about a year and a half so she doesn't remember. We were still a little early for our reservation so we took just a little breather in the lobby. It is so peaceful here. finally it was time to check in and we were seated right away. We all had the all you can eat platter of course. We also got three different desserts to share, chocolate cake, cheese cake, and caramel apple pie cake. Everything was so tasty. This was probably one of our favorite meals of the trip. The girls were given 3 jeweled rings keeping with the theme of our princess day. Oh, and of course I made Emily ask for ketchup. She couldn't stop laughing at all the ketchup that was brought.

After our great meal, we went down to the bus stop and hopped a bus to Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach. We got off at Blizzard Beach and went to Winterland/Summerland for a round of golf as Emily has been asking to go. Mini Golf is included in the others' tickets before 4 PM. We squeezed in just under the wire. At least with my AP I only have to pay 1/2 price. Summerland is the only course open so that is what we must play. Given the number in our party, our lack of skills, and the fact that Hallie is 4, we allow 2 couples to play through so we would not hold them up. I am proud to say that i won the round with Ron a close second. The girls tied each other. Poor Matt did not have such a great outing. His ball flew into some bushes and then got stuck in one of the obstacles so he had to go back for a new ball. was just not his day. When we finished we caught a bus to the Contemporary and then walked over to MK.

Once inside, we headed to Adventureland for some Dole Whip Floats. Then, per Hallie's request we rode BTMR and then per Emily's request Splash Mt. Ron and Hallie sat this one out. Next was a complete loop on the railroad and then Haunted Mansion. This was our first ride on HM of the trip. I can hardly believe it took us this long into the trip to get to ride.

Moving over to TL we found only a 20 min posted wait time at Space. So while the rest rode, Hallie got her hearts desire, a ride with me on Astro Orbiter. Yikes! I thought I was going to fly right out of the seat. Next, I got my turn with Matt and Em on Space Mt. while Ron got the easy ride with Hallie, the peoplemover.

it had not been a particularly strenuous day, but a long day all the same. We decided to call it a night and head back to the resort. We hadn't had dinner yet due to our late lunch, so we opted for a QS meal at Landscape of Flavors. the food is decent here, but I think it may be a tad to exotic for some people. There was never a line for anything except the pasta station where the line was always huge. The girls had once again been hoping for a dip in the pool, but yet again Hallie had dozed off and was out until morning.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Sounds like a fun day with the princesses

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-10-2013, 05:38 PM
What a great (and busy) day!

faline
11-10-2013, 06:46 PM
You did a lot of moving around - no wonder Hallie couldn't stay awake long enough for swimming! Seems like a really fun day!

vizsla
11-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
11-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Great day! Nice to read your family had a lot of "princess" time!