PDA

View Full Version : Jenny's Pre-trip Report

GoldenAurora
11-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Ten days out! It's ONLY been a year and a half since I've been to the World, but my fiancé hasn't gotten to celebrate the magic since he was about 17, so figure circa 2003-2004. This will be our first "real" trip together, and we'll be celebrating our engagement, even though he put a ring on it a while back, now. :secret:

Cast of Characters:
Myself (Jenny AKA GoldenAurora) and my fiancé, Steve

We'll be flying into Orlando on the 17th and are set to land at 10:30AM, at which point we'll hop aboard the Magical Express for our ride over to All-Star Movies (and, fingers crossed, a king-sized bed). Odds are our room won't be ready for early check-in so we'll deposit our luggage with the front desk and head out to the parks.

We're staying for four days (too short!) before heading to Gainesville to spend some time with Steve's dad. I insisted on park hoppers, and Steve insisted we try Photopass+, so that alone combined with our MagicBands and Fastpass+ will give me some new things to experience.

The basic breakdown of our trip (for now) looks something like this:

Day 1: Arrival, HS, '50s Primetime Cafe
Day 2: MK, Be Our Guest
Day 3: Epcot, Coral Reef
Day 4: AK, Rainforest Cafe, Yak & Yeti, departure for Gainesville

I'm sure there will be some park hopping, resort touring, and restaurant changes all jumbled up somewhere in there. We aren't renting a car this go around, but Steve's dad is ferrying us to his house on the 20th and may even join us in the park on our last Disney day. If he doesn't join us, we'll leave our luggage with the front desk again while we see AK and then pick it up when "Dad" picks us up.

I've been to WDW too many times to count, so at this point I'm always on the lookout for new experiences, like hunting down specific pins (Steve makes fun of my pin collecting), trying a different restaurant, or seeing a new resort. Some of the new things I intend to do or try this trip include riding Dumbo (how shameful is it that for all my Disney experience, I've NEVER been on it?!), doing a tequila flight at the Mexico pavilion, and buying our very first "couples" Disney Christmas ornament.

What more can I say, other than I'M EXCITED?! Just over a week and I'll be "home" :mickey:

yjgirl32
11-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Have a great trip

faline
11-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Your excitement comes through loud and clear!! Enjoy your trip! It sounds wonderful!!

vizsla
11-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

emerzmom
11-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a great trip planned. I hope you have lots of MAGIC!!! :mickey:
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Have fun!:mickey:

GoldenAurora
11-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Taking off tomorrow! The fiancé says he's "all packed" but meanwhile who has all the important stuff to pack like tickets, photo pass voucher, magic bands, medicines, and toiletries? This girl! Lol :mickey:

mickclub1955
11-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!

DisneyorBust
11-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Have a fantastic time! Looking forward to a trip report or two!