PDA

View Full Version : Stitches Removal

joyrob18
11-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Odd question....but we are heading out to Disney on Saturday!! My son decided it was a good time to get 5 stitches in his head yesterday which need to come out in 5 days. They gave me a stitch removal kit so we can do it ourselves, but just in case that doesn't work out does anyone know if there is anyone on Disney grounds that we could go to to remove stitches?? DIdn't want to waste a whole day getting it taken care of!

Strmchsr
11-07-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm not sure if the first aid stations would be able/willing to do that. I would assume you'd have to run by a clinic or Celebration Hospital that's close to the property.

GoldenAurora
11-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Like Strmchsr said, I doubt that the first aid stations would be allowed to remove stitches. As a nurse, though, I CAN tell you that I've never come across any problem removing stitches. They generally slide out fairly easily. Just make sure to keep the gash clean and dry even after stitch removal!

BrerGnat
11-07-2013, 04:36 PM
They will not do that at the First Aid station. They are quite limited in what they can do, actually. They will treat injuries that occur onsite but they will not mess with old wounds or surgical sites.

1DisneyNut
11-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Just yank them out.....its no big deal. Trust me, I have had far more than my fair share of stitches and have pulled many out with finger nail clippers and by just pinching them between my finger nails and pulling. I am the daredevil, "hey watch this type." I am not even allowed to own an atv anymore.....too many trips to the emergency room with broken bones and such. lol

kakn7294
11-07-2013, 07:15 PM
The nurses at the first aid stations are likely limited by the scope of their job description and will not be able to remove stitches for you. You can go to a walk-in clinic to have it done but you would have to pay for the service. Removing stitches yourself is pretty easy - carefully insert the tip of the scissors or cutting device under the stitch and snip clear through the thread. (in all kits that I've seen, it's been scissors which are VERY sharp, use with extreme care!) then use the tweezers to grasp one end of the stitch and gently tug it out. Watch that you are not attempting to pull the knot through the skin and they should slide out relatively easily.

brivers222
11-07-2013, 10:37 PM
if you kept the wound moist with like neosporin or similar the stitches just slide right out. My wife had to help me because they were on the inside of my right ring finger… but once we cut the stitch with nail clippers it literally just slipped out.

kakn7294
11-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Just a word of caution - be careful of the Neosporin or other ointments that will keep the wound moist. Even though they are antibacterial, they can sometimes inhibit wound healing by keeping the skin too moist.

mydisneygirls
11-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Up here in the Northeast, all CVS drugstores have a minute clinic which is staffed by a Nurse Practitioner. I know there are a few CVS stores down there in the area. You could call and ask them.

WiltonJohn
11-08-2013, 12:45 PM
WIth the thread title... I thought this was about an attraction closure. :cool:

best,

...............john

Susan A
11-08-2013, 02:17 PM
I thought it was about the character! :mickey:

P.S.(I've removed my husband's stitches. As long as the wound has healed properly and closed, they will come out. Will you son sit still)?

gottaluvtink
11-09-2013, 07:57 PM
I thought it was about the ride Stitch also, which by the way, wouldn't have been a big deal to me. As far as the stitches, why didn't they do the ones that just dissolve? We haven't had to go back to get stitches out in a long time. My son was an expert at needing stitches. :D

Main Street Jim
11-09-2013, 11:28 PM
WIth the thread title... I thought this was about an attraction closure. :cool:

best,

...............johnYou ain't the only one :P

*hoping....LOL*...

#1donaldfan
11-12-2013, 12:33 PM
You ain't the only one :P

*hoping....LOL*...

Yeah, me too !!! It's time to cut the "Stitch" out of MK and let that place heal !! A new attraction in there would be GREAT !!!:blush:

SurferStitch
11-13-2013, 11:36 AM
I knew there would be SGE comments here...

Just let it go. :stitch::stitch2: