PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Journey Upgrades

DizneyFreak2002
11-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Universal Creative, since the ride has opened, has been tweaking Forbidden Journey's ride profile, getting it to just about where they want it... When I was there last week, the ride was darn near perfect...

They are currently testing one specific upgrade that will be a huge benefit for riders... Air bladders... Yes, I know don't ask LOL... These air bladders are being built right into the actual ride vehicle benches... These bladders will blow air into the riders face... This will reduce the effects of motion sickness some people are feeling during and after they ride...

So good news to those of you who suffer from motion sickness.. Universal is working to make FJ a ride you can now enjoy! Look for roll out of these air bladders for Summer 2014...

MizMissy
11-07-2013, 02:45 PM
I suffer with extreme motion sickness in simulator type of rides ... so much so that I did not ride FJ this past Universal trip.
I'm not sure air blowing in my face will make things better, so maybe I'll test it next time, but call me skeptical.

Lizzie
11-07-2013, 04:37 PM
That's great. I loved this ride but my motion sickness was bad during and after this ride but I really enjoyed the ride.

Melanie
11-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Air blowing in my face helps me during Mission:Space. I do think this will be welcome on FJ.

DizneyFreak2002
11-09-2013, 05:30 PM
The way this was explained to me was the constant blowing of the air helps fool your senses and brain into believing you are really flying... Your body gets to focus on the motion, thus helping to reduce motion sickness.. I was told this is one of the first things you learn in flight school...

Middle of the Map
11-17-2013, 12:58 PM
Just got back from Universal/IOA and the HP ride really kicked my backside. Not at all what I expected from the preview videos online.

It is a truly breathtaking experience, but also very disorienting. The shoulder harnesses should have been my clue that this was no ordinary simulator. If you look down at your lap when you start feeling dizzy, it does help to focus away from the screen.

The queue line is awesome, and you can opt out of the ride portion and not miss this part of the experience.

Lindsey310
11-18-2013, 10:56 PM
Universal Creative, since the ride has opened, has been tweaking Forbidden Journey's ride profile, getting it to just about where they want it... When I was there last week, the ride was darn near perfect...

They are currently testing one specific upgrade that will be a huge benefit for riders... Air bladders... Yes, I know don't ask LOL... These air bladders are being built right into the actual ride vehicle benches... These bladders will blow air into the riders face... This will reduce the effects of motion sickness some people are feeling during and after they ride...

So good news to those of you who suffer from motion sickness.. Universal is working to make FJ a ride you can now enjoy! Look for roll out of these air bladders for Summer 2014...

Nice!!! I was a little woozy when I rode it last month! This will certainly help! :mickey: