PDA

View Full Version : Taxi from Disney to Universal

JoF
11-07-2013, 04:23 AM
Hi All
Can anybody give me a rough idea of how much a taxi journey would be from POFQ to Universal?
Trying to work out cost or whether it would be more economical to hire a car for a few days.
thanks for your help :mickey:

The Horned King
11-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Stupid amount's of money if I am honest. Your best off organising a mears shuttle from the concierge desk. Cost us $19 dollars return per person. You can choose a time to come back and a time to go. We got picked up from the all star music at 7am. And came back at 7pm. Really quite flexible for the price.

The other option is to get a bus to seaworld and then get the international drive trolley. Takes a while to get there mind.

Both options considerably cheaper than a taxi if you have a small party. :cool:

Pirate Granny
11-07-2013, 06:53 AM
We took a taxi from BCV and another time from POP, both around $30 per taxi each way...they have huge taxi stand right outside the gate by the parking structure...we didnt book a return trip as we weren't sure of our timing. No issues. Much cheaper than a car rental.

VWL Mom
11-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Our sponsor Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/ratesquotes.asp) does transfers. We used them from Poly to Universal and it was $85 R/T. Dropped us off and picked us up right by the entrance escalator. Very convenient.

JoF
11-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Thanks Guys - that's all really helpful info. we will only be a party of 3 and I am trying to save money where we can. :thumbsup:

faline
11-07-2013, 07:53 AM
The other option is to get a bus to seaworld and then get the international drive trolley. Takes a while to get there mind.

I don't know if the bus from the Ticket & Transportation Center runs any more. This route was funded entirely by Disney and they announced a while back they would no longer be funding the route that brought bus service directly into Disney.

If you rent a car, keep in mind that you will also need to pay for parking at Universal. Additionally, it is quite a hike from the parking lot to the parks.

The Horned King
11-08-2013, 05:17 AM
I don't know if the bus from the Ticket & Transportation Center runs any more.

Shows how long ago it was I used the bus. :blush:

DizneyFreak2002
11-08-2013, 09:43 AM
I just did this from Bay Lake to Universal.. Cost was $50 bucks one way... Never again... Of course, I was in a jam as a friend royally messed up our plans at last minute...

brie9877
11-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Stupid amount's of money if I am honest. Your best off organising a mears shuttle from the concierge desk. Cost us $19 dollars return per person. You can choose a time to come back and a time to go. We got picked up from the all star music at 7am. And came back at 7pm. Really quite flexible for the price.

i too am looking into this but can i just do mears one way? i hate to commit to a time to return in case i want to leave earlier or later and can take a taxi back.

The Horned King
11-09-2013, 05:15 AM
You can book just a one way trip. I found it best to book a return trip. Say a late return time. And then ring them 2 hours before your planning on leaving if you change your mind. The concierge desk gives you a little card with your reservation and Mears contact details on. We just booked an 8pm return the two days we went then changed it depending on how we were getting on. :D

mechanic
11-09-2013, 12:12 PM
On other hand if you had a one day car rental you could do some offsite shopping and dining too.
My starter died in pop parking lot and I took taxi to nearest auto parts store. $100 with tip. Found out later I could have rented a car for half that.