PDA

View Full Version : Best Attraction wait time App?

mickclub1955
11-06-2013, 10:07 PM
I am taking my I-Pod to the parks to help with fastpass+. I noticed I can download Apps to get wait times on attractions. Some are free, some are not. Which one do you find to be the most reliable?:confused:

Capt_redshirt
11-06-2013, 10:09 PM
I am taking my I-Pod to the parks to help with fastpass+. I noticed I can download Apps to get wait times on attractions. Some are free, some are not. Which one do you find to be the most reliable?:confused:

on my trip the My disney experience was accurate most of the time

mickclub1955
11-06-2013, 10:17 PM
I just noticed it was on there. The site looks a little different than whats on my PC. Thanks. I am new to all of this App stuff. :)

Capt_redshirt
11-06-2013, 10:26 PM
the biggest problem with those other apps is someone has to check in with a time so if no one is around thats using it the time could be off.. where as the disney app uses the servers to get all the information

elmjimmlm
11-06-2013, 10:28 PM
My Disney Experience worked great...I loved making my Fastpasses the night before so we didnt have to rush to a ride to try and get one...I also downloaded an app called DPART that will give you bus arrival times...It was pretty accurate...Most of the busses would come a few minutes earlier than what the app said.:mickey:

kakn7294
11-07-2013, 04:51 AM
I also rely on My Disney Experience. Since it's run by Disney, when the ride times update out front, they also update on the app.

1DisneyNut
11-07-2013, 08:36 AM
My Disney Experience is the best. As already mentioned, it is the official Disney app and is tied into their server network. It is updated by the same data that updates the times boards at Epcot for example. When we were there around July 4, I constantly monitored wait times as we approached attractions and compared them to the MDE app and they always matched. You will not find a more reliable app for wait times.

With that said, it is only as reliable as the CM's keeping the times accurate at the actual que lines so the times will propagate through the system and we don't know how often the system requests updates so there may be a little lag, perhaps 15 minutes, but it is not much if any.